Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

Ccleaner Setting?

by eddie11013 / October 24, 2005 7:12 AM PDT

I seem to have an 'odd' problem that seems to be tied to running this crap cleaner. When I run this program, and then try to 'sign' into my Yahoo mail account, I get the following message: Sorry, Unable to process request at this time -- error 999.
Unfortunately we are unable to process your request at this time. This error is usually temporary. Please try again later.
This happens every single time "AFTER" I run the ccleaner. I usually have to try and log in at least 6 times or more, during the course of the day, before I am finally able to actually access my mail account. I have tried rebooting and connecting and disconnecting from the internet with no effect. Once I do get in, I don't have any future problems until I run the Ccleaner again. Obviously, I could just not 'use' the ccleaner program, but maybe there is a setting or something that I can do to resolve this problem.
Win XP Pro SP2 Dell Dimension 2350. I keep my system very clean. No virus or spyware for a 'very very long time. Adaware SE, Spybot, Spyware Blaster, MASB, AVG 7
Thanks for any advise.
Eddie

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Ccleaner Setting?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Ccleaner Setting?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Hi Eddie
by roddy32 / October 24, 2005 9:38 AM PDT
In reply to: Ccleaner Setting?

I use CCleaner and I also have a Yahoo e-mail account but I rarely use it. I DO use ''My Yahoo'' aften for sports scores though and that is a fairly common error with both of those with Yahoo (although I have NOT seen it the last couple of months) but in my case it has never made a difference whether I have used CCleaner ahead of time or not. Usually if I wait a few minutes and try again, the page loads fine. The only thing that I can think that might be related is the sign in cookie but even if you don't have CCleaner saving that you would only have to sign in again and NOT get that error page. Maybe this has happened to somebody else that can offer another opinion?

Collapse -
Yahoo, OK
by eddie11013 / October 24, 2005 1:28 PM PDT
In reply to: Hi Eddie

Thanks for your reply Roddy, however I have noticed that when this problem occurs I ''never'' have a problem accessing ''other'' parts of the Yahoo web site, I use the shopping quite a bit, and of course like most people, I like to click on news items. And yes, after waiting some time, (a couple of times it took to the next day), I am able to sign in and get my mail. Just seems odd that I have no problems until I use CCleaner. If you use Yahoo, then you know from time to time it asks you to sign in a second time. I usually have to do this every few days, without any problems. But if I run CCleaner, then I have a problem. I like CCleaner, but if something is a problem then I guess its time to move on.
Thanks anyway
Eddie

Collapse -
I don't have problem
by nino88 / October 24, 2005 2:13 PM PDT
In reply to: Ccleaner Setting?

signing into Yahoo mail after running CCleaner. Try not to mess with the advance setting (uncheck it) and move all the yahoo cookies into the exception list in the setting.

Collapse -
I agree with above. Check all advanced are unticked plus...
by tobeach / October 24, 2005 2:32 PM PDT
In reply to: I don't have problem

see that under IE autocomplete & last download location are unchecked. Re check these from time to time for 1 cleaning to prevent excessive build up.
Under Explorer uncheck search assistant auto complete just in case Yahoo is calling from these sources(not likely) as you can try rechecking each for 1 cleaning to find out which one is blanking your sign in. I don't use Yahoo (my prejudice is well known here) and only use IE for hotmail & updates. 98 % is done via Mozilla. Yahoo probably wants info in their cookie so placing it in the "do not clean" area may be enough. Good luck. Happy

Collapse -
Success: move all the yahoo cookies
by eddie11013 / October 24, 2005 11:43 PM PDT
In reply to: I don't have problem

Thanks guys. That resolved my problem. I had not changed anything from its own default settings since I installed this program. With all your help, I went into options, saw the cookies you all were talking about. Moved the yahoo cookies to exception and reran CCleaner. No problems. Worked great. Did not change my log in into Yahoo. Great.
Thanks again
Eddie

Collapse -
Eddie, you can also use that option
by roddy32 / October 25, 2005 12:43 AM PDT

to manage the rest of your cookies, such as the sign-in one for CNET if you so desire. I belong to quite a number of security forums and I don't like to have to sign in all the time so I have CCleaner saving a lot of them. It works great.

Collapse -
Thanks, Roddy
by eddie11013 / October 25, 2005 12:57 AM PDT

Didn't think of that, and your right, I always have to sign in again after running CCleaner. Did it. I know a "lot" of people have issues with using Bill's IE, but with Spybot, Adaware SE, Spyware Blaster, MASB & AVG 7.1, I have been 'bug' free like "forever" it seems and I have put these same one's on family and friends computer's and they have been bug free since I did that. And little programs like CCleaner make the computer maintenance job even easier. And I learned it all on this forum. I love this forum.
Thanks again.
Eddie

Collapse -
I use THREE browsers Eddie
by roddy32 / October 25, 2005 1:16 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks, Roddy

IE, Firefox, and Opera and I also never get bugs. It's all in the surfing habits and protection that people have. You're welcome. Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?