Mac Hardware forum

General discussion

ccc backup

by karenraven / August 21, 2009 3:51 AM PDT

Hello there
I have IMAC processor 2.16 GHz core 2 intel Duo, start up Mac HD connected to a Lacie G5 external HD and has been a gem, and all these years my v good friend has put all puzzles in the right places for me, and now he has poorly brain, would like to help me but can't, as I am a new person to problems I am seeking help out here.
I do backup so I hope it has worked, my probby is that I have deleted a mailbox and some of it's babies, yes they are gone, I am thinking then, that if I backup again, the mailbox that was, will be deleted as of course, it's not there.
So what I want to know is, how do I get the mailboxes from the ccc back onto the Mac HD,if at all please

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: ccc backup
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: ccc backup
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
CCC Backup and Restore
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / August 21, 2009 9:57 AM PDT
In reply to: ccc backup

You should find a method of Restoring files from the Backup you created by launching CCC and looking for something like "Restore"

Once you have found it, and have it running, you should be able to select what you want to restore in the same was as you select what you want to backup.

Find the missing mailboxes in the list, select it and Restore.

Good luck

P

Collapse -
Carbon Copy Cloner Restoring backedup files.
by sturner--2008 / August 24, 2009 9:38 AM PDT
In reply to: CCC Backup and Restore

This is from the help files of CCC.

[quote]How do I restore files backed up using the "Incremental backup of selected items" method?

If you need to restore just a file or handful of files, simply browse the backup drive in the Finder and copy those items back to your original drive to restore them. If you need to restore many files using CCC, select the drive that you backed up to as the source, select your original drive as the target, then proceed as you did when you originally backed up your drive. Carefully consider the "Delete files that don't exist on the source" option; if there are other important files on the volume you're restoring to, you don't want to accidentally erase them. Also, you may deselect the root of a volume in the "Items to be copied" table, then re-select only a few items to limit what items are restored. Note that you cannot select the boot drive as the target, you will need to boot from another drive if you need to restore directly to your boot drive.[/quote]

Collapse -
ccc backup
by karenraven / August 27, 2009 3:42 AM PDT
In reply to: ccc backup

I would like to thank those that gave me assistance all I need now is courage.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.