Speakeasy forum

General discussion

CC issuers are at it again, those fees

by Willy / November 2, 2009 1:06 AM PST

Why are banks so greedy?

http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/108013/5-evil-things-credit-card-companies-can-still-do?mod=bb-creditcards

After some of the biggest banks have been bailed out to include other financial centers do they keep coming for more? So, you do feel safe from the threat from within. It appears the 5th column is not some outside threat but one that simply believes greed is the be all for itself. Is it our fault they screwed themselves with home loans and issuance to dead beats and those not deserving or business venture loans, etc.. Is it coming to the point where you have to pay for the stamp to be denied. Some banks are placing a fee on the monthly mailed statements.

You get a fee even if you don't use a CC, one if you don't use it enough and one for having a certain card that got yanked. Of course if you cancel the CC, your credit history will appear as a unfriendly hit. The CC reform just won't work when the banks become so blatant in their disregard of treatment to their CC users.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: CC issuers are at it again, those fees
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: CC issuers are at it again, those fees
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Could have seen that coming
by Steven Haninger / November 2, 2009 1:43 AM PST

with late fees being such a large profit center. Take that away and they just reach for another pocket to dig into. I doubt credit abusers will go away. They'll just pay lower penalties and we get to make up the difference.

Collapse -
I wish upon a star...
by Willy / November 2, 2009 2:33 AM PST

Maybe, but I see this as an attempt, scratch that, a willingness to grab your money even if you abide by all the rules. of course the rules get changed so often or somehow it appears you run afoul. There you are doing the simple CC transaction and get hit with yet another fee of some sort. Maybe, its time for another French revolution not a velvet one, off with their heads. Wasn't the CC reform suppose to defend against this. I mean its so obvious they're generating new fees that weren't there before. -----Willy Sad

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.