Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Cathy, cartoon strip to end

by Willy / August 12, 2010 5:03 PM PDT

You would think after 30yrs+, Cathy would finally pick a swimsuit she liked. haha! If all I ever got was that strip, I think women have a hard life in choosing anything to wear. A good read. -----Willy Happy

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_cathy_calls_it_quits

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Cathy, cartoon strip to end
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Cathy, cartoon strip to end
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I wonder if more daily comic strips won't just fall
by Steven Haninger / August 12, 2010 6:45 PM PDT

disappear as their primary distribution vehicle seems to be passing as well. I have a wife and daughter and have experienced first hand the agony of shopping for clothing with them. An entire afternoon can be wasted with no decisions made. Nothing fits their taste or bodies properly. I can't figure out why I have no problem finding what I need in a department store when only 10% of the space is devoted to menswear and the rest to the ladies. Go figure. Happy

Collapse -
My aching feet
by Willy / August 13, 2010 12:11 AM PDT

I try very hard not to go shopping with the "other half" and I find excuses. But, on those days I'm unlucky, yeah, I know the feeling. My dogs are killing me and here I wait for anything that looks like it may go into the basket. NOW!!! I know why men seem to populate those chairs/benches at the mall. -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
If you can bear it
by James Denison / August 13, 2010 2:01 AM PDT
In reply to: My aching feet

..pay her back. Make her go fishing with you. If she'll use that for a chat session instead, make it deep sea fishing, she'll be too afraid of barfing to open her mouth to talk. When she tosses, remark how much it reminds you of something ya'll ate on her last shopping trip, then ask if she'd like a fizzy soda. Quote scripture, "The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away" and remark how much the fish probably appreciated it. Remark how much that makes you thing of those fishy tasting anchovies on pizzas.

If you get sick instead, after tossing, remark how this fishing trip is almost as bad as going shopping at the mall. Start talking about how all that water around the boat makes you feel the need to let out some of your own. A woman will do everything she can to avoid using the "head" on a boat, lol. Make sure you use it first and come back and tell her just how horrible it is, lol. There's nothing that makes someone want to go so bad as knowing they can't, or must hold it till the experience of relieving it might be worth the endurance of the facilities.

Hand her some bait to hold while you check the tackle. When she refuses (they always refuse) remark how you always hold her packages at the mall and this is no different. She'll assure you it's different, but the guilt trip is laid.

If you do this right, you can get out of mall trips for life. I did. Wink

Collapse -
Don't do it laddie...
by Willy / August 13, 2010 11:03 AM PDT
In reply to: If you can bear it

Do anything that may cause a "memory" to be registered and it'll come back to haunt you. I can recall times something that happened yrs. ago and used in some arcane way to get back or point the error of my ways. No sir, beware of such tactics. Now, you know why men tend to walk away before any argument and/or battle is about to brew, at least the smart ones. -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
the PMS comic strip
by James Denison / August 12, 2010 8:09 PM PDT

I never liked it, made women look like scatter brains.

Collapse -
I admire Cathy Guisewite...
by EdHannigan / August 13, 2010 5:50 AM PDT

for her ability to produce a successful strip all these years. Not an easy thing to pull off. But, as comic strips go, I have always thought Cathy was pretty lame.

Collapse -
Lame, yes
by Mike_Hanks / August 13, 2010 8:10 AM PDT

But as you said, doing a strip for 30 years is really outstanding.

Good for her !!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.