Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Castro Dead

Castro Dies
"Notorious kidnapper Ariel Castro was found hanging in his cell at the Correctional Reception Center in Orient, Ohio, on Tuesday.
He had been sentenced to life plus 1,000 years for keeping Amanda
Berry, Michelle Knight and Gina DeJesus locked up inside his basement in
Cleveland for over a decade while sexually assaulting them."

Goodbye. Good Riddance.
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Castro Dead
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Castro Dead
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) Good !!

In reply to: Castro Dead

Collapse -
Couldn't take the same medicine

he shelled out to those three women......what a coward he showed himself to be. Those women, even as teenagers when taken by this pig, showed more courage and the ability to do whatever it takes to survive than what their captor had the ability to pull off. I hope nobody claims the body and he gets put into a pauper's grave with no marking so he disappears into the bowels of the earth until hell claims him.

Collapse -
What else was he to do but take his own life?

He must have contemplated what might happen to him at the hands of other inmates but prison life should never be a cozy one. The place where he hanged himself is a place I've done work. The hospital he was transported to after being found hanged is one I've been in hundreds of times. That, to me, is really creepy right now.

Collapse -
Sounds kinna strange

that loser killed himself after he negotiated life in prison instead of the death penalty if he plead guilty? Confused

Collapse -
I think that was more the lawyers' work

In reply to: Sounds kinna strange

It was more about sparing the victims and the state the ordeal and expense of a trial. Removing the death penalty was probably just a negotiation tool used by the lawyers.

He got the easy way out. His sentence, unlike that of his victims, is now over. This should serve as one illustration of why life without parole can be a worse punishment than death. He's not the only one who has chosen death over a life in confinement.

Collapse -
Or Maybe

In reply to: I think that was more the lawyers' work

His sentence has just began Devil

Collapse -
Maybe once he got into the prison compound

In reply to: Sounds kinna strange

and saw who his new friends and neighbors would be.... Shocked

Collapse -
that introductory letter

In reply to: Maybe once he got into the prison compound

he got from his future cellmate. "Hello sweet cheeks,....."

Collapse -
He had no cellmate

In reply to: that introductory letter

He was being kept in protective isolation with guards checking on him roughly every 30 minutes (staggered intervals so he wouldn't know for sure when they were coming). He wouldn't have lasted two days in the general population.

Collapse -
More reactions to Castro Dies

Collapse -
(NT) They walk among us!

In reply to: More reactions to Castro Dies

Collapse -
I guess some people's idea of news source is

In reply to: More reactions to Castro Dies

that it's anything fit to "tweet".

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.