HolidayBuyer's Guide

TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Cassette tape to PC?

by Travis Clark / December 22, 2003 2:07 PM PST

My mother has given me a couple cassette tape recordings of her church group and has asked me to transfer the music to my PC and then burn a CD.

I know it is possible... What do I need and what do I need to do?

I have a Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz w/ Audigy 2 card installed.

Thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Cassette tape to PC?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Cassette tape to PC?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:Cassette tape to PC?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 22, 2003 8:51 PM PST
In reply to: Cassette tape to PC?
http://www.cdrfaq.org/ notes this. It's usually just some audio cable from cassette player to PC, you record it, edit and put it on CD.

Bob
Collapse -
Cassettes to CD
by themusicloctor / January 29, 2008 3:54 AM PST
In reply to: Cassette tape to PC?

Hi,

You will either need to connect your tape player to the PC and purchase software to make the transfer, or you can but a tape deck with a USB connection that takes care of it all. The last one I saw was in a Hammacker Schlemmer catalog.

Collapse -
Software for this
by Dan Filice / January 29, 2008 7:51 AM PST
In reply to: Cassettes to CD

I believe Roxio makes software that will recognize audio cassettes that are input via RCA plugs (if you have the proper audio board in your PC). I know Roxio makes software to do this for my Mac, and they typically have mirror software for PCs. See them at www.roxio.com.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.