Cameras forum

General discussion

Casio Z120 & Z750

by mastin1 / November 22, 2005 12:12 AM PST

I'm confused about the Casio Z120. It seems to have all the features of the Z750 but cost less. Am I missing something?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Casio Z120 & Z750
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Casio Z120 & Z750
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Casio Z120 and Z750
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / November 22, 2005 5:29 AM PST
In reply to: Casio Z120 & Z750

I never thought about comparing the two, but you certainly have a point:

They both seem to have the same lens and sensor assembly.

There are a few minor differences, but not $100 worth of differences.

Less expensive battery (for Casio) and a smaller LCD, makes this sound like a cost reduction model of the Z750. Many camera companies do this type of thing to meet a different price market.

The Z120 is too new to have any reviews yet.
I would expect it to rate just about the same as the Z750.
I will be looking for a review of the Z120.

This may be a real sleeper.

Collapse -
Casio Z120 & Z750
by furs4u / November 27, 2005 9:41 AM PST

The main difference between the two are the Z-120 uses Ni-Mh AA batteries and has "Anti-Shake". The Z-750 uses a Lithium Ion battery and has no Anti-Shake. Your paying for the Anti-Shake feature for use in low light conditions. I beleive it is in the lens and on the CCD.

Collapse -
casio z120 vs casio z750
by mateocarmel / November 28, 2005 12:02 PM PST

previous message says the z120 has antishake and different batteries, but it's cheaper though, right?

Collapse -
(NT) You are right.
by mastin1 / November 29, 2005 4:22 AM PST

The Z120 is cheaper. I've read that the anti-shake feature is no more than kicking up the shutter speed and has a big impact on the quality of the picture.

Collapse -
Manual exposure controls
by airshowfan / December 3, 2005 8:49 PM PST
Collapse -
To Airshowfan
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / December 3, 2005 11:34 PM PST

You are spamming this forum with your website link.

This is a violation of forum policy.

If you want to advertise your website, you can be less intrusive if you post the website in your profile.

Any future postings that include your website will be deleted.

Collapse -
details... anyone else tried it for picture quality?
by benjin / January 1, 2006 12:50 AM PST

I've done some extensive research on the Z750 and the Z120 as I'm considering to buy either of. Unfortunately there are only limited reviews of the Z120 but glowing reviews on the Z750... Physically here are the differences i see:

- 2'' LCD screen resolution 84,960
- Mostly Plastic body with plastic buttons
- Uses AA batteries (spec says 170 shots on alkaline)
- Additional Anti-Shake option in snapshot mode (don't mistake this as lens Anti-Shake, like previous post - it increases the ISO and lower the shutter which also can be done manually)

- 2.5'' LCD screen resolution 115200
- Full metal body with metal buttons
- Uses proprietary Li-ON battery (spec says 350 shots)
- No Anti-Shake option on main menu but has Best shot scene
- Has a nice cradle which is love or hate - you can't charge the batteries without the cradle, meaning you got to lug it along when u travel

(i think casio does sell a separate batt charger for the Z750 but it and a spare battery costs a bundle)

Oh yeah - also the DP review and the user manual for Z120 has a mistake where the max shutter is listed as 1/8sec, but this is for auto setting. The manual aparture is still 60 seconds like the Z750

That's all i can give from my research online. would be great if anyone can find actual pictures to compare the pic quality between z120 and z750

Collapse -
I have a Z750
by casiofan / January 2, 2006 6:38 AM PST
Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?