Question

Casio Exilim ex-h5 Photos Issue

Hi guys, I seem to be having an issue with my Casio Exilim ex-h5 camera that I recently got as a bday present.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Casio Exilim ex-h5 Photos Issue
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Casio Exilim ex-h5 Photos Issue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Missing Photos

I have never heard of that problem before.

Sounds like the camera is having a problem writing to the memory card.
Are you using a "no name" memory card, or using a memory card you purchased on eBay?

It is possible that you have a faulty memory card - I suggest you try a different memory card.
Anytime you use a new memory card for the first time, you should format the memory card with the Camera.

- Collapse -
Missing Photos

I'm using a SanDisk card...guess I should replace it Shocked

- Collapse -
San Disk is a good brand

but to trouble shooting your problem you have to try another memory card.
You can buy a 1 GB card for a few dollars.

You should also reset the camera:
Look in the camera User Guide index for some mention of resetting the camera back to factory settings.
You may have inadvertently set something that is causing a problem.

I just reread a complete review of the Casio H5 and it brings up some possibilities.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/camera-reviews/casio/ex-h5/steves-conclusion-103.html

When the reviewer did the performance tests, he was using a San Disk Extreme III memory card.
That card is much faster than a normal memory card.
He would not have run into any speed problems.

The H5 has many continuous shooting modes and if your problem occurs ONLY when using continuous shooting, it would be a sign of needing a faster card.

Just to cover other bases, here are things not to do with a memory card:
Do not use your camera's memory card in another camera or electronic device.
Do not use a card reader/writer to add pictures from your computer to the memory card.
Either of those things can cause a picture file to be over written and you would end up with a corrupt file.

- Collapse -
SanDisk

It's a good brand, but it has been estimated that up to 60% of SD cards are counterfeit. If the price is very low, be suspect.

As Snapshot2 mentions, if you are not already using one, a faster card might be needed. Modern cameras with burst modes and HD video, you should use no less than a class 6 card.

- Collapse -
Missing Photos

cheers guys, I decided to buy a new Sandisk 8gb ultra SDHC card from Amazon along with a card reader.

CNET Forums