General discussion

Career in Search Engine Optimization

Hi....I am an Electrical Engineering Graduate, currently working as a SEO professional. I just want to know the future opportunities about SEO? Is SEO have a high Growth Rate?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Career in Search Engine Optimization
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Career in Search Engine Optimization
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: seo career
- Collapse -
I wouldn't.

Since most seem to center about Google's search results it's a never ending roller coaster ride where you seek out and reverse engineer to figure out what Google changed. I've seen folk dump countless hours into SEO and forget something basic. Do you know what it is?

I'd like to hear what you think it is but my thought is to have a great product, service and fast delivery. Don't kill your budget and time with SEO.
Bob

- Collapse -
I have my doubts

I think it would be a useful adjunct to a website or portal designer but I would doubt whether there would be enough demand to make a full time career out of it.

As Bob says, you'd be spending a lot of time trying to work out each new nuance of Google's search engine every time they "improve" it. And if Microsoft had their way, I guess that would extend to Bing as well.

Also, could it be viewed as self defeating, if you were offering SEO as a service, presumably as a consultant of some sort? Client A asks you to improve their search ranking and you do that, then Client B asks for the same and you deliver the same concepts - haven't you just undone what you did for Client A?

Of course, you are doing the job at the moment - you my know better.

- Collapse -
Career in Search Engine Optimization

Hi your are an Electrical Engineering Graduate, than how can you came in this field.......ok no prob if you came in seo.

1. SEO and Internet marketing is a growing industry.
2. Now Every fields Needed it.
3. If you can do good. it has better opportunity.
4. You can make Good Carrier in it.
5. follow this blog for more searchengineland.com/

Thanks

- Collapse -
SEO

In my opinion, you should have your own judgement since you worked as a SEOer.
Nowadays, shopping online has become more and more convenient and popular, so many Internet shops such as B2B, B2C have been a trend.
Thus, most companies need to do something in search engine optimization to attract customers, for large amounts of users are trying to search their favorite products online.

- Collapse -
Depends on what you call SEO

Due to recent algorithm changes by Google, competition, advent of apps and social media the term has evolved to a completely new dimension.
If SEO according to you is giving the best user experience to website visitors, creating engaging and useful content, enhancing website usability, accessibility and quality using legitimate and solicited methods then SEO was never dead, is not and would never be. It would remain on technology horizon as a vibrant field, one which has huge potential and growth rate.
If SEO according to you is all about the keywords and backlinks- unfortunately that SEO is dead now.

- Collapse -
SEO

Basically now in this this competitive era everyone need SEO for the growth of their business. SEO helps the people in the growth and the development of their business. It is increasing at a very faster rate. So believe in yourself and get better results in any field you want.

CNET Forums

Forum Info