Video Cameras forum

General discussion

capturing video from camcorder

I have a JVC GR-D370U camcorder that uses mini-cassette tapes. I have a dell computer with 80G hard drive. Intel pent. 1.8G, windows xp home edition.
I'm having problems trying to get the video burned onto a dvd. I use dvd+R from Sony and I don't have any problems with this mfger dvd.

I want to capture the video onto a dvd to preserve it as well as view it on a standard dvd player and tv screen.

I've used numerous software, nero 6.6, ulead 7.0, sonic mydvd 5.0, cyberlink powerdirector 7. they all allow me to view the video on my computer during the capture process. the only one that I was able to burn a dvd was the sonic mydvd, however, it only burns a small portion of the video, no matter how I set the settings. I do have ample hard drive space and space on the dvd medium. my dvd burner is a lite-on and it takes all kinds of media(I've never had a problem with this burner nor the sony dvd's).
the cyberlink powerdirector, during playback on my computer where I can test out the video, is not good at all. the video is choppy and the audio is horrible.
the only software that burns onto a dvd is the sonic, but like I said, for some reason, it only burns just a few tracks, and I know that I'm capturing at least one hours worth of video when I'm watching it during the capture process on my computer.
Is there some kind of software out there that can capture video from a camcorder that uses mini cassette tapes and burn it onto a dvd to play on a standard dvd player?

also, the camcorder has a specific dv slot that connects a cord from the camcorder to my computer via a firewire. I've never had a problem with this set up before.

thanks,
Bruce

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: capturing video from camcorder
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: capturing video from camcorder
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Something to try.

In reply to: capturing video from camcorder

Collapse -
thanks

In reply to: Something to try.

thank you very much for responding to my video question. I will try your suggestions.

take care,
Bruce

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.