Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

capturing and archinving surgical videos.

Hi to all. Am an eye surgeon. I currently have pinnacle to grab and archive all my surgery videos. The biggest problem with archiving part is that I can't tag them with details like patients name, diagnosis or the procedure being performed. This makes the retrieval very difficult. I have to go through each and every video to discover what I am looking for.
Any suggestions as to any other software that would help in effectively classifying the videos and archiving it for easier retrieval.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: capturing and archinving surgical videos.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: capturing and archinving surgical videos.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I have a buddy in the VA Hospital system.

In reply to: capturing and archinving surgical videos.

Such are in central filing with the media in the patient's files. They used the usual cameras of the day and off to tape if need be. The space of said filing area is some number of football fields and may be larger today.

Back to your issue. Why not put each in it's own patient directory with some text file that contains your notes. Then you search for the notes (both Apple and Windows machines can do that) and the video is in that directory.
Bob

Collapse -
Thanks bob

In reply to: I have a buddy in the VA Hospital system.

that's a good suggestion to tag each patients video file to his case report and then stock it with a small note. but the problem is that i cant search off my archived files with particular parameters like specific disease types. patients within a particular age group etc etc..... some prog which could help me to search with tags like these will come in handy. Thanks again. if any suggestions please let know.

Collapse -
Actually I may have a solution.

In reply to: Thanks bob

You are talking about a database. While I bet I could make do with windows search and other methods your solution is best tackled with a database. I think the small text file if done proper and you put in the right keywords it could do the job if you get picky then you are forced to use a database program.

I apologize in advance since I've been working on databases since dBASE ][ (two) and even before that. Today I use MySQL a lot since I can implement solutions on Linux, Windows, Apple and more without any cost. Then I can query it directly or with other software. Sorry if that's too tech but by this time you must have some database you use, even if it's a patient directory.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.