PC Hardware forum

General discussion

Cant write to a DL disk

I have a USB Freecom +/- DL recorder, but it won't copy a 6.2MB disk to a DL (Ricoh) disk, but doesnt give a reason why, the program just rejects the disk. I am using Record Now Max, do I need different software or could I be doing something (which is usually the problem!)
I have a laptop with XP SP2 1GB RAM and plenty of hard drive, that has a DVD RW

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Cant write to a DL disk
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Cant write to a DL disk
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Some more detail, please

In reply to: Cant write to a DL disk

To give you a definitive response, a little more detail is needed. What is the model number of the drive you trying to use and what is the exact program name and version that you are using? Also, what is the data? Assuming you meant 6.2GB instead of 6.2MB, what are you telling the program to do exactly with this?

Collapse -
DL problems

Could be several things involved but it seems more like a software issue. Does the unit function normally when burning a standard DVD? If it does the first guess would be insufficient software capability.

Collapse -
Looked on google and found.

Lots of complaints about this. To me this looks like a product that wasn't ready for the market or they didn't tell you to

a. Use firmware version ____.
b. Use software from _____ and versions ___ or ___.
c. We tested this with DL Media from ____.

Have them fill in those blanks.
Bob

Collapse -
Think its software problem

In reply to: Looked on google and found.

I have had all sorts of problems with the manufacturer! I tried the disk that came with the recorder but its faulty. Asked makers for replacement, so they sent me a Nero disk, but it is only a trial which runs out in 45 days! So I have been able to copy a DL disk, but am having no small difficulty in persuading the makers to provide a replacement disk, which contains the software for the recorder. Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.