Resolved Question

Can't Sign In to YouTube App on Samsung UN55HU8550--HELP

Samsung UN55HU8550 (2014 Smart TV) is completely up-to-date, including system firmware and all downloaded applications. YouTube was working, fine and signed out of it, to change my connected Google password. Now, when I try to re-connect my Samsung's YouTube application to my Google/YouTube account, while on the connect the device webpage, via Google, the webpage window simply sits at connecting device. Yet, the Samsung Smart TV never connects to my Google/YouTube account. I have removed and re-installed the YouTube application (on the Samsung Smart TV) and I still cannot get my YouTube application to re-connect to my Google/YouTube account.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Can someone please offer helpful suggestions? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Discussion is locked

shamorris has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Follow
Reply to: Can't Sign In to YouTube App on Samsung UN55HU8550--HELP
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Can't Sign In to YouTube App on Samsung UN55HU8550--HELP
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

Best Answer

- Collapse -
SOLVED!!!

I am happy to report that after troubleshooting this issue, I have found a solution. To sign into my Google/YouTube account, I changed the web browser that I was using, to sign in. Originally, I was using Internet Explorer 11, on Microsoft Windows 7. I found some troubleshooting articles on Google, urging users to try a different browser. So, not only did I change browsers, I changed platforms. I used a virtual machine, consisting of Solus Linux (https://solus-project.com) and the latest Firefox browser, Version 57. The sign in worked, perfectly and I am happy to report that my Samsung Smart TV's YouTube application is working, perfectly, once again, with my new Google/YouTube password.

I hope this post helps others who may find themselves in similar situations. Thank you to all who helped me.

- Collapse -
Well, that was innovative

We've seen so many app problems on "smart" TV's it didn't even occur to me the problem might be google-youtube instead. Kudos!

- Collapse -
Answer
common complaint

The sites change their setups and the apps break and Samsung doesn't release a newer app you can install to make it work again. You can check to see if there's a newer one yet. It's Samsung who has to support the need for the new app.

- Collapse -
Is Anyone Able to Sign In to This Latest YouTube Application

Thanks for your response, James. From what I can tell, this is the latest YouTube app, released in September of this (2017) year. I am curious to know if anyone is having trouble linking their Google/YouTube account with this latest version. Is it possible that this is broken for everyone? If so, do not log out, like I did; keep it logged in, until a newer version is released. But, as you pointed out, SAMSUNG MUST SUPPORT THESE APPLICATIONS AND THEIR EXPENSIVE SMART TELEVISONS!!!

Come on, Google/YouTube; come on Samsung!!! FIX THESE ISSUES!!!

CNET Forums

Forum Info