General discussion

cant sign in fmr msn/yahoo mssnger :( cyberoam ??

i brought my nu macbook pro (snowlepoard) to college an i cn access wifi jus fine.

msn mssnger, adium, mercury an yahoo mssnger say tht they are signing me in but they nevr do fr some reason
i cud sign into skype tho

our college has a cyberoam client tht blocks access to a lotta stuff an also curbs bandwidth so is tht the problem or is it something else

please help

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: cant sign in fmr msn/yahoo mssnger :( cyberoam ??
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: cant sign in fmr msn/yahoo mssnger :( cyberoam ??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Ask your college IT guys for the answer to that question.

It is highly likely that there is some sort of block on

How are you liking the Macbook Pro?

Gotta love that "as you type" spell checker.

P

- Collapse -
cant sign into mssngers--cyberoam ??

lov my macbook pro Happy hasnt frozen once Grin
unfortunately, iv learnd tht cyberoam curbs the bandwith an cn block mssngers

it right to use em so you cant do stuff ur not supposed to in college hours but the a holes here leave it on the whole day. the problem is tht i liv in the hostel on campus an this is the only net connection i cn use

long story short, ne1 kno how to bypass cyberoam on a mac ??
i jus wanna use my mssngers Sad pweeese ?? Silly

- Collapse -
Tried

using it beyond your college network? If it works, that's your answer, otherwise, you might have some port blocking on those specific programmes.

- Collapse -
its cyberoam :(

i use the college network, the only internet connection i hav access to, so it has cyberoam

i kno it does all tht stuff, jus wondering if i you or some1 wud help me bypass it so i cn get to places like facebook an stuff

- Collapse -
(NT) Sorry, No can do. Subject closed

CNET Forums