Memory: 510MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c DX Setup
Card name: Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) 82845G Graphics Controller
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2562&SUBSYS_01601028&REV_01
Display Memory: 64.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (85Hz)
Monitor: Hyundai DeluxScan 15G+
Monitor Max Res: 1280,1024
Driver Name: ialmrnt5.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.4342 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 10/19/2005 09:59:12, 38016 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
VDD: n/a
Mini VDD: ialmnt5.sys
Mini VDD Date: 10/19/2005 08:59:12, 807998 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-6622-11CF-6E63-6A21A0C2CB35}.Last year when I bought it, all games run on it, no problems , but now I keep having message errors and I discovered that my specs are no longer enought to run Rise of Legends for example, no AGP enabled. Athought I have this in the Directx features, it says AGP texture Acceleration:not available. Also I had another game asking me for Pixel shaders wich I dont seem to have.I love trying new games, its my hobby and I love to see it come all together.What can I do to update my Pc ,is there a card that contains these 2 features togheter? Can I just get rid of my Intel card and put a GEForce 6600?Will it work on my PC?Its all a bit confusing to me, since there are a lot of things to consider before changing something like this, and I feel a bit lost.Could you help in this or give a direction?Thank you so much.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Cant play most games on my PC, HELP!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Cant play most games on my PC, HELP!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sorry but the answer is...
by nathanpsz2 / April 8, 2006 10:20 PM PDT

...no. Your computer has neither an AGP or PCI-Express slot on the motherboard. The best PCI card that you could purchase is the 6200, but it's not so much better than your integrated graphics.

What I'd do right now is get a new motherboard with a PCI-Express slot, and carry over the CPU and RAM, possibly upgrading the RAM to 1GB. You'll also need a new power supply because the video card will need quite a bit of it.

I need to know if your CPU is socket 478 or 775 before I can recommend a motherboard. Download CPU-Z, which will tell you more than you ever needed to know about your CPU at this location:

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

Collapse -
Isabel
by Gnibbie / April 10, 2006 2:28 AM PDT

Thats good news, !!I dont know were to find that information, where and what exactly should I look for ?

Collapse -
Isabel, got it..
by Gnibbie / April 10, 2006 2:43 AM PDT

Its 478.Might as well just get myself a new Xbox360. I have read a bit about the latest cards in the market like the one I mentioned GEForce6600 and they do take now a lot of CPU and memory. Either I just build a new PC just for gaming or have it for the basics and keep it to that.Besides playing in a comfy couch with a larger screen with a playstation or an xbox, is far more better than sitting for hours in my wooden chairs playing a game. But I am still interested to know what kind of motherboard to get, and most importantly what range of price might we be talking about? Thank so much for your help.

Collapse -
More info...
by nathanpsz2 / April 10, 2006 10:30 AM PDT
In reply to: Isabel, got it..
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?