Click on the link below and download the file to your desktop. Once it's there, RIGHT CLICK on the file, choose "Install" from the menu.. Let it proceed through it's quick install routine, then restart the computer..
Once that's done, then try to follow the steps below to download and run Malwarebytes.
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here
Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
* Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
* The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
* The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediately.
Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.
Hi! Thankies for clicking!
Okay well i recently have been attacked by a virus (cleaned it up w/ smitfraud) but now i have 2 major problems, if anyone can help i give you 100000 hugs!!!
Okay so like the subject is, i can only open Internet Explorer or Safari. I CANNOT open Opera or Firefox! Those are my main browsers, and i just downloaded Safari to see if that worked and it has, but i want my Firefox back!
SECOND problem, i cannot open .exe files!!! I used a computer at my sister's house to export .exe registry files onto a flash drive and things like that, i deleted the reg. on my laptop, and imported those ones. It hasn't worked Major help please!!
Also, randomly i was unable to open "Notepad" and "Internet Explorer" I have found it was on the list of Data Execution Prevention files (Control Panel>System>Performance Options) however Firefox was not on it, but nevertheless i did remove them from the list, and now they randomly pop up on it again and i'm continuously having to remove them when i start up my laptop and stuff.
Once again, .exe files don't work, so i cant download Hijack this or Malware Bytes, but however i to have Smitfraud and Superantivirus installed, and for some reason both do work, but ive deleted all threats found on Super anti virus, hasn't help.