Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

cant get to website

by Mandilynn1 / March 1, 2011 8:45 AM PST

this keeps coming up

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

is there anything I can do to fix the problem.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: cant get to website
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: cant get to website
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sounds Like The Site Is Down...Or...
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / March 1, 2011 11:47 AM PST
In reply to: cant get to website

...exactly as the error describes, you're attempting to access a "non public" section of the site. If the site is down, try again tomorrow. If you're attempting to access a section of the site which is locked, then you'll need the correct permissions to get it done.

Since you've not given us a link to the site so we can test it, that's about the best we can do.

Hope this helps.

grif

Collapse -
link to site
by Mandilynn1 / March 1, 2011 2:26 PM PST
Collapse -
(NT) Re: can't access website
by Kees_B Forum moderator / March 1, 2011 4:24 PM PST
In reply to: link to site
Collapse -
Re: link to site
by Kees_B Forum moderator / March 1, 2011 4:27 PM PST

Things are changing fast, it seems. It's a dynamic world, that internet.

If I click on the link, I get a 404 (page not found, or - as the message says): he "requested URL /index.php was not found on this server".

Better fix that first!

Kees

Collapse -
cant get to website
by Mandilynn1 / March 1, 2011 11:09 PM PST
In reply to: Re: link to site

can anyone tell me how to fix it?

Collapse -
It works now.
by Kees_B Forum moderator / March 1, 2011 11:27 PM PST
In reply to: cant get to website

But it hurt my feelings. On a memorial page for "our dearest Aaleigha Swartz who was born in Jamestown,NY on April 14, 2002 and passed away on May 21, 2004" you shouldn't have ads for:
- Buy nuclear electricity
- 42 Bible games (well, that might be acceptable)
- A Danish singer/songwriter
- An e-Darling dating site

If you really care for dear Aaleigha consider to pay the fee ($4.90 a month) to get an ad-free memorial page. Or find a cheaper hoster to host your page.

Kees

Collapse -
still cant get to that site
by Mandilynn1 / March 2, 2011 1:20 AM PST
In reply to: It works now.

I didnt come here to be judged.but since thats what you people do.
just so you know I dont have a credit card and they dont take money orders and I dont have a checking account.
I was going to ask my boyfriend if I pay him for it if he'll put it on his card.
I only had the website about a week.
i wanted to make sure it was the right site .And I decided they had all the services I want.My bf bought music to put on it.
I was going to ask him last night but after I couldnt get to the site,I thought I better wait.I wanna be able to get to a site that I pay for.
You people are very judgmental.
I lost my grandbaby.that was the worse day of my life.I cried for days and didnt sleep.I took care of my other grandbaby who also was hit by the truck,three of my grandbabies was hit by that truck..
I was there at the hospital.I seen her,I touched her.I wondered why...why did it happen.I would give my life for her to be here now.
You need to think before you make comments.
And keep anymore that you have about this to yourself.

Collapse -
Also
by Mandilynn1 / March 2, 2011 1:28 AM PST

their babysitter was hit by the truck too.It happened in a McDonalds parking lot.you can google it.the guy was in a hurry.

Collapse -
Not judgemental but ...
by Edward ODaniel / March 2, 2011 4:21 AM PST

a matter of TASTE!

Had you mentioned the reasons you were using the free hosting in yout initial post the tastes issue would likely not have been mentioned.

That matter aside however see if you can get to this link -
http://forum.last-memories.com/viewforum.php?f=11&sid=ca3a967a738dc914071ea82562ac8cbe

It is their technical support forum and is monitored by their staff.

Also see if this link works better for you:
http://aaleighaswartz.last-memories.com

You might also consider this site which doesn't have as many commercial ads on the pages:
http://www.forevermissed.com/

Collapse -
Works For Me Here.. But...
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / March 2, 2011 6:35 AM PST

Have you tried a different browser? Download and install the free Firefox browser from the link below..

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Just a note: Part of the problem with loading the site DOES appear to the be the multitude of advertising on the page.. I generally use a HOSTS file which prevents adverts from loading on websites.. Using the HOSTS file allows the site to open correctly but the pictures and other items don't show up.. If I disable the HOSTS file, lots of ads come up and seem to cause issues.

Are you using a similar ad-blocker? It might be preventing the site from loading correctly.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

GREAT SHOWS WITHOUT CABLE

Get live TV over the internet

Say goodbye to cable -- check out the top five live TV streaming services available now.