Printer..
HP PSC 2210 AIO, hooked to Desktop via USB cable

Notebook
Toshiba Satellite A105-S4084
1048 MB Ram
120 GB HDD
802.11a/b/g Wireless

Problem..
I have the above system hooked up wirless with a Linksys Cable Modem, model BEFCMU10 and a Linksys Wireless-G Router, Model WRT54G. I cannot get the printer to print from the Toshiba unless it is hard wired to it via USB. Printer software and drivers are loaded onto both systems. When I click Start/Printers & Faxes on both systems it shows each printer, hp psc 2200 series with the highlighted check mark and the word READY. I have Printer and File Sharing enabled on both systems. On the Toshiba Propertys/Ports, there is a checkmark next to DOT...psc printer hp psc 2200 series. The other options are..LPT1,LPT2,LPT3,COM1,COM2,COM3,COM4,COM5,COM6,COM7,FILE,USB,\\H,\\H\\H\\H\\Y

On the desktop machine Port Tab..
Check mark next to Virtual Printer Port for USB hp psc 2200 series
Other option are COM 1-4
FILE Print to Port
DOT psc printer

Something must need to be reset to get printer to print from wireless notebook, but what?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Cant get printer to print from Wireless Notebook
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Cant get printer to print from Wireless Notebook
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I wonder if a firewall or two or three need tweaking?

In reply to: Cant get printer to print from Wireless Notebook

With 2 PCs and a router you have the distinct possibility of 3 firewalls that could block this. As well as account issues.

I'll note a discussion where a member took the long way around to get a share working. It was firewall related but on top of that they discovered the Windows annoyance about a share needing to be recreated due to the firewall being "up" at the time of creation.

Please read this link.
http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6122_102-0.html?forumID=44&threadID=198031&messageID=2129068

Bob

Collapse -
It's Printing now

In reply to: I wonder if a firewall or two or three need tweaking?

Bob, Thanks for the reply. I had just finished reading the long discussion on your link when I received your reply. I forgot to mention in my firest post that I have Windows Live OneCare on both systems. I went into settings on both systems and changed a few things, the opened Network Setup Wizard on both machins and went through the process again. When finished, I had another printer icon on Printers and Faxes window on Notebook. It was check marked, auto hp psc series on HPDESKTOP. Under the ports tab, there is a check next to..\\D...Local Port Auto hp psc 2200 series on HPDESKTOP.

I am able to print wireless now. Now when I Right click a folder to share on either machine, the area is greyed out next to "Share this folder on the network". Cannot put a check into box. I chose, Share Files and printers on setup wizard. Also, at the top of my Outlook Express Email window, PRINT is grayed out on the Tosbiba Notebook. If I right click a message, Print is grayed out on that window also. Not sure if any of this is relative to first post, but thanks for any more tips.

Collapse -
Sharing OK now

In reply to: It's Printing now

I am able to share folders now. It seem's as though I had them set up as Private.

Collapse -
Email printing OK now

In reply to: Sharing OK now

Print button is working fine. I realized I had to open a message into another window for it to become active. Sorry for the confusion

Collapse -
Not a problem.

In reply to: Email printing OK now

Sometimes we need to talk over the issues to see where and what to do.

Best of continued luck.

Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.