HolidayBuyer's Guide

Laptops forum

General discussion

CANT GET CRUCIAL MEMORY TEST TO WORK!!!!HELP!!!

by icitizen1 / July 21, 2009 12:54 AM PDT

Anybody know know how to get it to work....shouldnt it just start from the browser?? im a 14 yr old working on computers for my work...cant get it to work....the model is a Acer Aspire 5520...help...please!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: CANT GET CRUCIAL MEMORY TEST TO WORK!!!!HELP!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: CANT GET CRUCIAL MEMORY TEST TO WORK!!!!HELP!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Only they can fix that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 21, 2009 1:00 AM PDT

Can you tell what you are trying to do?

Collapse -
Go to this page and download the
by orlbuckeye / July 21, 2009 1:00 AM PDT

scanner and install it. Then run it and it will give you upgrade suggestions based on your system.

Collapse -
ok.....?
by icitizen1 / July 21, 2009 1:34 AM PDT
In reply to: link

doesnt really help....i go to it..i download it everything goes fine except that when i'm done...it doesnt show up. Should it go straight from browser? i'll try it again but dont think it will work... thank you anyway...i'll keep u in the loop

Collapse -
Tell us one thing.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 21, 2009 3:40 AM PDT
In reply to: ok.....?

Since we know only crucial can fix this, can you tell what you need this for?

For example we have alternatives but need to know what the goals are.
Bob

Collapse -
i need it for
by icitizen1 / July 21, 2009 6:23 AM PDT
In reply to: Tell us one thing.

I need it because i'm fixing it for a customer...i've tried it...restarted it..and then tried it and then i took out the battery for a minute or two...still doesnt work...if u have anyother ideas give me a shout out

Collapse -
And what are you trying to fix?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 21, 2009 7:14 AM PDT
In reply to: i need it for

We have alternatives to this software but until you reveal what you need the software for I can't make a suggestion.

-> If you want Crucial to fix their software, go to crucial.com
Bob

Collapse -
When I run it it comes up in a browser page.
by orlbuckeye / July 21, 2009 5:11 AM PDT
In reply to: ok.....?

You might have it blocked. Allow your browser to allow popups. I ran mine on my work computer and it reccommended i upgrade from 2 gig to 4, 6 or 8 and gave me the prices and would allow me to order.

Collapse -
Use Firefox
by bensan78 / July 22, 2009 6:43 AM PDT

you might want to try using the firefox browser. It is way more friendly than IE. And remember this scanner does not have a GUI and runs by opening a browser window to display the scanned results.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.