Question

Cant do NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!

I recently bought a Asus G73SW. It worked beautifully for about two weeks, up until 2 days ago it kept freezeing either before startup commenced, during it, or id get as far as the log in screen and it froze while saying welcome. after searching around for solutions and trying some restore points and other garbage, found the best option was to do a reinstall windows system restore. so i entered the recovery option from safe mode and began installing windows 7 ultimate. everything went smoothly, entered key and got a installation successful message... and then a message that said "interactive logon failed check boot logs...yada yada" it only flashed that message and then proceeded to restart. it restarts and gets to this grey screen where i can move the mouse around for about 5 seconds and restarts again, a never ending loop. any other option i try like safe mode, boot manger, anything that involves an "F" key will ultimatly take me back to that screen and restart... I was hoping there might be a way to do a factory restore involving the hardware, but i searched and found nothing.... I'm stuck!!! Help!!

BTW im deployed to Iraq right now, so taking it in or buying this or that isnt really an option

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Cant do NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Cant do NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
(NT) On A New Computer, We Use The Warranty And Return It
- Collapse -
Answer
Recover option from Safe Mode . . .

Won't do an actual factory recovery. You need to interrupt the boot sequence, usually at the Asus splash screen. From here the recovery should format the drive and do a full and complete reinstall of the OS. Doing a reinstall from Safe Mode is simply an "over the top" reinstall and any problems that were there will still be there.

If I misread you, and you did do the format and reinstall, then there are other issues that may require factory intervention. Tough from where you are.

But I, for one, am thankful you are there!

Wayne

Click here to see the CNet faces, learn a little about analog and digital data, Internet connections, Spyware removal, and download free software (and a GREAT chocolate-cherry cobbler recipe)."I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. AE"

CNET Forums