Alert

cant access certain websites

My computer suddenly refused to access certain websites. My internet is fine and my friends can access the websites fine. I tried switching to my back up router but it still doesn't work.
Help me Sad
thanks

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: cant access certain websites
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: cant access certain websites
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Try Grif's scans.
- Collapse -
Modified ip access

Dude... I thing someone has modified your "parental control" settings. If this is what has happened, this can be done a few ways.

1. The most obvious way is through windows built in parental controls which are easily accessed through the control panel.

2. 3rd Party software

3. Internet Service Provider (ISP)s sometimes have these features through online access of you acount on their website. https://myservices.timewarnercable.com/ - For example

4. The most fun and least graphically pleasant way to do it is by going through your router's Gateway or GUI. This is the most plausible of the four because here you can be IP specific. Thus, your friends can get on some sites you can't.

Hope this helps if not try using a Proxy or doing an IP config.

CNET Forums