General discussion

Canon Z200 and MacBook

Hello, I have a Canon Z200 camcorder. This unit has DV out to firewire. My MacBook only has USB inputs. How can I use my Canon Z200 with my MacBook? iogear has a USB/firewire hub will this work?

Would I be able to plug my camera into the firewire of the hub then usb of the hub to the usb on my MacBook?

I'm just wondering why I can't get a DV out to USB cable?! Any solution would be appreciated!

Thanks

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Canon Z200 and MacBook
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Canon Z200 and MacBook
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
That camera also has a USB port on the front,

what comes out of that?

The Firewire to USB hub is probably not going to work for you but if it is cheap enough, try it.

That said, what do you get if you plug the USB connection into your Mac?

P

- Collapse -
Canon Z200 and MacBook

Hello, thanks for responding. I tried the usb/firewire hub and it doesn't work. I'll be returning it to Fry's this evening. The sales person swore it would work (he should be glad he didn't bet his life on it).

The USB connection is only good if I connect the camera to a printer to print still images. I just don't know anyway to remedy this situation!

- Collapse -
There really is not a good way to

convert Firewire to USB.

The only suggestion I can make is for you to find someone with a Mac with Firewire and copy your stuff down and then move it to your Mac.

Sorry

P

- Collapse -
There really is not a good way to

Hello P, thanks for responding. My true dilemma is that I want to use the Canon ZR200 when I am using IM and not use the isight cam on my laptop. I think I just may be hosed!

CNET Forums

Forum Info