Cameras forum

General discussion

Canon SD 750 or Sony T-50

by nuclang84 / March 19, 2007 3:54 AM PDT

I am having trouble on deciding whether I should purchase the Canon SD 750 or the Sony T-50. I would like know which is the better camera of the two. I am also looking at the Sony T-100.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Canon SD 750 or Sony T-50
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Canon SD 750 or Sony T-50
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Canon SD750 - Sony T50
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / March 19, 2007 7:49 AM PDT

You can't compare these two cameras right now.

According to Amazon.com, the SD750 will not be available for purchase until April 15. The SD1000 can be found in some stores now.

My best guess is that the SD750 will be almost identical to the SD600 but with 7 megapixels and the SD1000 will be almost identical to the SD630 but with 7 megapixels.

Here is a review of the Sony T50:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2006_reviews/t50.html

The Sony T100 appears to be identical to the T50 but with a 5X zoom lens and a 3 inch LCD.

Collapse -
BBY ftw.
by tflynn17 / March 19, 2007 8:57 AM PDT
In reply to: Canon SD750 - Sony T50

My Best Buy has the SD750 on display, and it's available to purchase too. You might want to check that out and ask if they can throw a memory card in there to compare it.

Collapse -
Sony or Canon?
by Snow Princess / March 22, 2007 12:03 AM PDT

I've had the Sony T-30 which is the same as the T-50 except without the touch screen. I've used this camera extensively for about 6 months and it takes excellent pictures. They are sharp and crisp. The macro feature is incredible and surpases any point and shoot I've ever tried. The video mode is also exceptional for a camera. My only complaint is not being able to get perfect night shots. But if you work with the camera you will get acceptable night pictures.

I ordered the Canon SD750(black) from Circuit City as soon as it was released over a week ago. I wanted to like the camera but was not impressed. Landscape pictures were very good. Macros were nothing special. Indoor portraits were not exceptional. The video mode was slightly better than on the Sony T-30. Color swap and color accent are fantastic creative features and I would almost keep the camera for these perks but I just wasn't impressed enough with the overall package. I bought the Canon SD700 IS for a friend and I thought it was quite better than the SD750. Image Stabilization does matter.

I use a point and shoot when I don't want to drag my Nikon D-80 or Sony HDV camcorder around. I don't know if the T-100 is released yet but it sounds good. I don't think you'd be disappointed with the Sony.

Collapse -
Sony T100?
by carter250 / April 11, 2007 3:04 PM PDT
In reply to: Sony or Canon?

I was looking at these two cameras as well (two among many). Besides a review I found at digitaltrends, I can't find any T100 reviews. Shouldn't there be more by now? Might just buy one of the Canon SD's instead.

Collapse -
I wouldn't be able to choose
by blaine100 / March 22, 2007 4:28 PM PDT
Collapse -
sony T-100
by Snow Princess / April 11, 2007 3:21 PM PDT

If you haven't purchased anything yet and can afford it, get the Sony T-100. It is fantastic! I've had it for a few weeks and it is better than the T-30. Better because it seems to have corrected the low light shots. This camera is perfect.

Collapse -
Canon SD750
by meglexis / May 13, 2007 10:43 PM PDT

I just got the SD750 for mother's day, It's a really nice camera. Small enough to fit in your pocket, takes great pictures, the Lcd screen is large so you can see the pictures you took. I haven't figured it all out yet, but so far I love it.
Sharon

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.