Cameras forum

General discussion

Canon S80 -v- SD900

I'm debating between the two, but when viewing the specs side-by-side, I can't determine the difference. The S80 is much more expensive, so this leads me to believe there is a significant difference between the two. Can anyone give me an idea why the S80 would be preferable?

Thanks in advance for the help!!!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Canon S80 -v- SD900
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Canon S80 -v- SD900
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
S80 is hard to find

In reply to: Canon S80 -v- SD900

I have researched all weekend and checked out the S80. It is impressive, but it is not small. It has everything you could ask for, but I could only find one store that had it and that is why it is so expensive. I believe it is a 2005 model. I found one on Craigs list in my area for $349.00. Excellent deal if you can find it and don't mind a bigger compact and it is alittle thick, but my husband loved the look of it. C-net gave it an 8.0 and editors choice.

Try Craigs list if you can find it. Hope that helps

Collapse -
Canon S80 - Canon SD900

In reply to: Canon S80 -v- SD900

Comparing those cameras is almost apples and oranges.

They are very different.
Besides being physically larger than the SD900,
the S80 is aimed at the intermediate or advanced photographer.
It offers manual controls so that you can better control the results of the photos.
To use those controls properly you do need some experience with cameras or some training, or be willing to learn.
If you do not want to use the manual controls, there is no point in buying the camera.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.