Cameras forum

General discussion

canon powershot A80 or powershot S410?

by barbara3 / March 30, 2004 7:37 AM PST

Hi guys, I really do not know which one to buy, I have been thinking about this for awhile, but still cannot make up my mind. What do you guys think? The A80 is good, but I HATE how the batteries are, and the S410, its skinner, with the lithinium batteries which you can recharge, but does not have the modes the A80 has. Please I really need help.

-Barbs

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: canon powershot A80 or powershot S410?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: canon powershot A80 or powershot S410?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:canon powershot A80 or powershot S410?
by snapshot / March 30, 2004 10:59 AM PST

Either camera would be a good choice.
You can't go wrong either way.

You are really comparing two different types of cameras.

The S410 is considered a point-and-shoot camera because it does not have many manual over-rides.

The A80 is considered an advanced features camera as it has all of the desired manual over-rides. Of course it can be put in Auto mode and will function as a point-and-shoot camera.

Regarding the A80 batteries. You will want to get a set of NiMH batteries and a charger. You can find these for $10 to $25 at Wal-Mart or Radio Shack. Many people prefer the AA batteries because if your rechargable batteries runs out of gas, you can pick up some AA batteries anywhere and finish the day shooting with them.

Many people love the small size of the S410. It easily slips into a pocket. I have a Canon S230 which is the same size as the S410. I carry it on my belt in a small cell phone holster.

I also have a larger digital camera with more features.

That's the answer.....buy both.

Seriously....If you don't "have to have" the features of the A80, then go with the S410. But if you want to do some advanced techniques in photography you will want the A80.

Collapse -
Re:Re:canon powershot A80 or powershot S410?
by barbara3 / March 30, 2004 11:12 AM PST

thank you very much..I think i will decide to get the S410.

Collapse -
Re:Re:canon powershot A80 or powershot S410?
by smurth / April 14, 2004 5:47 AM PDT

I have the Canon Powershot A80 and splurged a little to buy, but really am happy with the results. I'm able to use the more advanced features and the pictures are coming out great. I wanted to let you know that the battery question was a consideration for me too, and I went to Costco and got the rechargeable AA's for a very reasonable price.

I recommend the A80 if you want to have a little more fun than just point and shoot can offer.

Collapse -
Re:Re:Re:canon powershot A80 or powershot S410?
by sanfordmac / May 20, 2004 11:39 PM PDT

If it too tough to decide. Get the S50 or s60, you'll get the features, and you can still fit it in your pocket.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?