Question

canon mx925 vs canon mg 5750

finally deciding between canon mx925 vs canon mg 5750
what would give the better print in black and white and colour best overall webpages print and detail
and for photographs as well thanks

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: canon mx925 vs canon mg 5750
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: canon mx925 vs canon mg 5750
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Re: better

I'm afraid that few of our members have both printers to compare and the technical means to rate the print quality. So it might be better to trust professional reviews and tests.

A quick google search found me a review site that gave both a 5-star rating. So I think it will be a close match.

- Collapse -
And ...

I did a comparison on the member site of our Consumer Reports. The main differences (first = MX925, second = MG5751) - the score is on a scale from 1 to 10 used in our schools:
Total score: 6.7 6.4
Printing: 7.4 7.2
Cost of ink: 4.3 3.6 (rather bad)
Scanning: 7.6 7.8
Copying: 7.1 7.0
Network capacity: 5.8 4.4

Other differences (that you don't mention as being interested in):
MX925 has autonompous fax (can fax without being connected to a PC)
MX925 is bigger, has a bigger screen and accomodates 250 sheets of paper (MG 5751: 100)
MX925 has separate tray for 10x15 (cm) photo paper
MX925 is more expensive
MX925 is from 2013 (MG 5751 from 2016)
MG5751 does not run in Windows Vista
MG5751 does not come with OCR
MG5751 uses less power

You might note more differences if you study other sites.

- Collapse -
Answer
Both look like fine printers.

CNET Forums