General discussion

Canon MP620 All In One Printer

I am using a Canon MP620 all in one with my MacPowerbook running Leopard 10.5.8. My Canon software is MP Navigator 1.05. The printer is agonizely slow. Sometimes after I press the print button it can take over a minute to even start. This not only occurs when I first start up but after the printer has been in use. This occurs when printing black and white text or pictures..

I have been going through a hub and have not yet tried a direct connect which I will shortly. Anyone got any ideas or is this just a slow printer?

Thank you.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Canon MP620 All In One Printer
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Canon MP620 All In One Printer
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
USB1 or 2?

Is your USB hub a USB 1 or is it USB 2? If it is the former, that will slow transfer from your Mac to your printer.

- Collapse -
Canon MP630

The Hub is a USB 2. I tried connecting directly to computer but it still seems to go through a lot of gyrations before printing. About 4 years ago I had a cheap little Canon which may have been a series 250 that was lighting fast. It was not an all in one like my current one which may mean more complicated you get the slower you get with printers. Once my printer actually starts printing it is not to bad but it is getting to the point where the printing starts that is the problem.

CNET Forums

Forum Info