Video Cameras forum

General discussion

Canon Elura 80 Tape won't Eject!

by HealthyStealthy / November 24, 2006 2:34 AM PST

All of a sudden my Canon Elura Camcorder won't record. It has a high pitched beep come on and in read says "Eject tape." However, it won't eject the tape no matter what I do. I called Canon and they instructed me to take out the batteries and allow the camera to go back to default. However, in the end it still wont' eject the tape.

I'm wondering if it was always defective. I always had to use the power chord to eject the tape. Canon said this was not necessary, all I had to do was to have it charged and I could have done it with the battery.

I am using Fuji tapes now, whereas I was using Sony in the passed. The Canon tech person said this might have caused the issue.

The Canon Elura 80 is over one years old so it looks like I will h ave to pay for a repair fee. But if it was always a defective issue I don't think I should have to pay the whole fee.

Does anyone know how I can get this tape to eject?

Also, does the auto remote hand device's light supposed to light up after I put the small lithium batter in it? It doesn't

All I want is this darn tape to eject and my Canon Elura 80 to work normally! I don't think I should have to pay for the repair. From other forums I have learned that this is an issue that shows up a year later.

Help!!!

Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Canon Elura 80 Tape won't Eject!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Canon Elura 80 Tape won't Eject!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Here's what I've learned over the years.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 24, 2006 2:40 AM PST

If you don't complain about a bug inside the warranty you have no claim to reduced rates on repair.

And these items are not maintenance or repair free. Unlike a hammer, it's a pretty complex piece of machinery that one must clean once in awhile or even take to a service counter yearly if they don't have a maintenance kit.

The final issue is tapes. Many will reuse tapes dozens of times. I've given up on that and may use a tape a few times and open a new one. Cheaper than a stuck tape. Go figure where that sticky stuff comes from.

There is no standard procedure to get stuck tapes out. The word I use and the tech has used is 'finagle.'

Bob

Collapse -
I do not re-use tapes
by HealthyStealthy / November 24, 2006 3:02 AM PST

Thanks. But I never used a tape over again except to record over a second or two of previously recorded tape; but it was only a few seconds while I was recording it. Once the tape is done I put it away.

Do you think I can get the to reduce the price for the repair?

Collapse -
What should I use to Clean Elura 80?
by HealthyStealthy / November 24, 2006 3:04 AM PST

And what should I use to clean the Elura 80?
I wonder if the Apple Store will fix it?

Collapse -
Google is our friend. Links.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 24, 2006 4:05 AM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?