HolidayBuyer's Guide

Cameras forum

General discussion

Canon Digital Camera A 95 Powershot

by Cadavasal r natarajan / August 20, 2010 10:27 AM PDT

Following edited (now) message was passed on by you apparently to Canon
User Question : Why do people still buy Canon Digital cameras, and other products when the products are lousy and service is a joke!
I purchased from PCNation invoice #W0480213 dated 06/28/05 for
Powershot A 95 camera.. Canon service, Illinois replaced ccd unit order
#CQ504584 dated 03/18/09 and carried out other electrical adjustments
and cleaning. On 18 July 2010 the camera groaned and beeped and the
display on the screen was E-18. On 28th Mr. Norm of Canon Service said that the motor has failed and it will cost me US$ 89.++. Ms. Noreen of Canon Sales offered three of Canon Range at varying payments under their Loyalty Scheme, which involved payments lower than the repair costs in two cases! I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL AND THE CAMERA IS USED PERHAPS 7 TIMES A YEAR ON TRAVEL OR FAMILY FUNCTIONS. That a fairly expensive camera in the mid-range lasts for just 3 years and fails after Canon repairs in a year is unacceptable.
Perhaps Canon policy is to produce ony short-life products and achieve their sales by loyalty programmes! One will be happy to support manufacturing in USA by short-life products to support our economy but Canon's policy is supporting the economy elsewhere.
Canon.
THANKS TO YOU and after protracted e-mail exchanges, despite my making it clear that I am reluctant to pay repair charges, Canon sent me a prepaid UPS label and I sent the camera. Now I get an estimate for US$90/. This is cheating. Now that they have the camera they will hold it back to destroy any evidence of the camera being unusable by not returning it. The motor is the heart of the camera and if it fails in less than five years, what can one conclude except that the product is substandard! I am not interested in paying for any repair and if Canon has no ethics, then let them return the camera. I sent the entire exchange of correspondence with the camera,
I believe it is necessary for members of the forum to be informed.
Thanks
c r natarajan

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Canon Digital Camera A 95 Powershot
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Canon Digital Camera A 95 Powershot
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.