Video Cameras forum

General discussion

Canon DC 330

I was thinking of buying the Canon DC 330, and wondering if you can plug a microphone or headphone into the av jack, or if there is any way to connect a headphone/microphone into it.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Canon DC 330
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Canon DC 330
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
besides the fact that no one

In reply to: Canon DC 330

should waste their money on a DVD based consumer camcorder, all you need to do is download and read through the manual...

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=171&modelid=16203#ModelDetailAct

Go through pages 13 and 14 and see if you can find either a mic-in or headphone jack. You can use the AV cables and cobble together a headphone jack, but the camcorder has no manual audio control - it is unlikely that you can control the volume out to the headphones using this method.

The least expensive camcorders worth buying (my opinion) with a mic-in jack (1/8" - 3.5mm) are the Canon ZR800, ZR900 and ZR930. They do not have manual audio control (for input) and they do not have a proper headphone jack.

The least expensive camcorders worth buying (again, my opinion) with a mic-in jack (1/8" - 3.5mm) and proper headphone jack (1/8" - 3.5mm) and manual audio control are the Canon HV20, HV30, Sony HDR-HC7 and HC9.

Collapse -
thanks

In reply to: besides the fact that no one

thank you!

Collapse -
One more thing...

In reply to: thanks

Also I was wondering if you can record videos straight to an SD Card...

Collapse -
(NT) Have you read the manual?

In reply to: One more thing...

Collapse -
parts of it

In reply to: Have you read the manual?

ive read parts... and couldn't find anything about recording stragiht to an SD card...

Collapse -
That's because you can't record

In reply to: parts of it

straight to an SD card. The SD card is for still pictures only. The DVD media is for video.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.