Cameras forum

General discussion

Canon A620

Consumer Reports rates the Canon A620 #1. Wouls you agree? I currently have the Nikon Coolpix 4300 and it takes great pictures but the lag time is slow and I want more megapuxels. I am also worried that the A620 may be too large for carrying around all the time since I always have my camera with me.

Is there a better camera for me or will the A620 be my best choice?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Canon A620
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Canon A620
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Canon A620

In reply to: Canon A620

The A620 is certainly a winner.
You get a lot for your money.
Including manual controls, a very sharp lens and low shutter lag (0.2 second).

Take a look at what owners say about the A620:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/read_opinions.asp?prodkey=canon_a620

A very nice smaller camera can be found but it will not measure up to the features and performance of the A620.

I don't know of any small camera with a lens as sharp as the one on the A620.

Your Nikon 4300 is just about the same size and weight as the Canon A620.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare_post.asp?method=sidebyside&cameras=canon_a620%2Cnikon_cp4300&show=all

Collapse -
I'd agree

I'd agree with snapshot. I think if you can cary your Nikon then you can carry that.

Important to remember what consumer reports considers and what you consider. CR usually comes to a good conclusion considering price. People who come to these sort of forums typically have more money to spend but the A620 is an exceltent choice

Collapse -
Thank you snapshot and eeadams

In reply to: I'd agree

Thank you snapshot and eeadams. I am glad to hear you both think the A620 is an excellent choice. I'm not on a tight budget but do like that you get a lot for the price with the A620. Thanks again for your input.

Collapse -
Ricoh R3

Help is at hand! The Rioch Caplio R4, 6MP, 28~200mm lens, 26mm thick body, 1 cm macros and 0.007 shutter lag.

Sedentary

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.