Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

Resolved Question

Cannot View Downloads Search Items

by reinventyou-20752869572539915956799509582991 / September 1, 2011 7:36 AM PDT

I cannot post anymore in Forums Feedback; so I thought I would post here thinking that my IE7 may have problems. On the Downloads page I did a search on the words "Journal Ledger" and got 17 results, but could only view 10. The next page did not show the other 7. If the problem is not at your end, could it be with my IE7? I never updated to IE8, the source of many BSOD on my Toshiba Satellite A105-S4002 laptop. Upon recommendation of some computer debuggers, my IE7 may be set to such a level as to slow it down, being not able to page without popups. Still, my main concern, causing me to consider these other causes, is the inability to view the search items on the Downloads page.

reinventyou-20752869572539915956799509582991 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Cannot View Downloads Search Items
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Cannot View Downloads Search Items
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by reinventyou-20752869572539915956799509582991

Collapse -
When that happens the usual advice is
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 1, 2011 7:46 AM PDT

"Try another browser."

And

"Disable plugins."

Just a quick reply of the usual answer so you can get going fast.
Bob

Collapse -

Thanks. Of course, I would have to keep some version of IE to do MS Updates. Having had both Firefox and Chrome on that computer, which I had to uninstall for some problem they caused, which other browser would you suggest? Exclude Safari since both that and iTunes both cause BSOD.

Collapse -
There are yet other browsers but your reply
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 1, 2011 12:50 PM PDT

Makes be think the machine is screaming for attention.

Try the Computer Help forum and describe the issues.

"That's not normal."

Collapse -

OK! Thanks. Since I emailed you regarding Firefox on this computer (running Win 7 64-bit), I opened IE9 to use this forum. I will start a new thread under Computer Help for my Toshiba running XP-Pro and IE7. However, either the new Firefox or your Forum pages need attention,

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.