I'd try resetting the IP stack too.
Be sure there is no malware and this issue happens at free hotspots.
Here's a list of scans I'd do next -> http://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/how-to-remove-pup-option-603542/#post-f742c795-5881-433b-a29b-6d758efe5cd3
I cannot view certain websites, in this case (www.lekkeslaap.co.za and www.dstv.com) in my browsers, but I can view them through proxy sites (eg. www.proxysite.com).
On phones via wifi and other computers via cable in my house on the same router/network/ISP, I can however view these websites.
What I have done so far to fix this, but to no avail:
1. Resetting router.
2. Turning of anti-virus, windows firewall and windows defender.
3. Clearing all my browsers cookies, cache etc (Chrome, Firefox and IE) from the browser menu.
4. Clearing C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file.
5. In Command Prompt; ipconfig release, ipconfig flushdns, and ipconfig renew.
6. Using Open DNS (126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52) and Google Public DNS (184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11).
7. Command Prompt; tracert "website", timed out after 10th hop, but, this also happens on the computers where I can view the websites.
8. Trying to view website in safemode.
9. Creating new user account on computer and trying to view in it.
10. Command Prompt; net stop dnscache.
11. Contacting website and asking if they maybe blocked me, they did not.
12. Waiting a week to see if it fixes itself.
The only thing I have not done yet is contacting my ISP, my thought is that if other computers on the same ISP can view the websites, that the problem is not with them.
Is there anything else I can try? At this point the only thing left is to format the computer and see if that works, although if there is another way, I would rather not.
Thank you in advance for any replies/assistance.