General discussion

Cannot receive faxes from one number

I have an SCX-5739fw multifunction machine set up. I can send faxes to one of my clients, but I cannot receive any from her. Her fax number is the only one this happens with. She can send faxes to anyone except me and I can receive faxes from anyone except her. When she tries to send a fax to me, she just receives the "this line has been disconnected" message. I have gone many times between my cable provider and Samsung, but have not come close to solving this problem. I don't know what I haven't tried. Can it be as simple as trying a different number? This did not happen until I moved my office to my home. I was able to keep my phone number, but I had to get a new fax number.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Cannot receive faxes from one number
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Cannot receive faxes from one number
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: Cannot receive faxes from one number

Hi adminsp,

Since it sounds like you have a phone line and a fax line, I'd do a one time switch: connect the fax machine up to the regular phone line; then have your client try to fax you on that line. If you receive it just fine, then it's probably something with your phone company.

HD Tech

- Collapse -
Years ago we had this issue.

About 2 clients could never send a fax to our fax machine. One day they revealed they had trouble with other locations as well so the problem was not at our end. But you might think it was. But given how odd things can happen with dial up communications you try other lines.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info