1) From where was the "reconditioned" camcorder purchased?
2) What manufacturer make and model of the memory is the memory card? Where was the card purchased?
3) Usually, on the card, there is a "C" with a number in it. Can you tell us what that number is?
4) When you try to "upload" from the memory card to the computer, is that by connecting the camcorder to the computer or taking the memory card out of the camcorder and inserting it in a card reader connected to the computer? (Side equation, is there - or can there be, a card reader? You may need it).
5) When you do this "upload" are you using some sort of application or merely trying to copy the video files?
6) When you try to playback on the camcorder, is the message on the camcorder or does the camcorder just do nothing?
7) Before using the memory card for the first time in the camcorder, was the memory card initialed in the camcorder?
Have you tried removing and re-inserting the memory card? Have you tried a different memory card?
There may be more questions - Sorry about that.
I have a reconditioned Canon Vixia HF R300 camcorder and am a new user of camcorders in general. I have recorded over an hour of video (I am an artist and was recording for an art tutorial) and suddenly I heard a beep noise and since then I have not been able to play back any recordings that I had on there previously or this current one. I tried uploading it to my computer and got the same message. It also won't let me record anything more.
Obviously there is an error on the SD card (or at least I think there must be. I have only used this card a few times previously, and have bought it very recently. The card I have is a 32 GB high performance card which says will record up to 7 hours of HD video. I had the camera running for 2 hours maximum, and only maybe another hour of recorded sessions on it prior to this session.
Has anyone else had this problem? How did you resolve it. I know that if I initialize the card, as it is suggesting, I will lose all the data I recorded there. I am hoping there is a way to recover it.
Thanks - hope someone has some answers!