General discussion

cannot play 3D disc

Hi - I have a 46C8000 connected to an HT-BD8200 via an HDMI 1.4 cable. When I try to play my first 3d Blu-ray disc ("Grand Canyon") the first screen comes up and asks me to select best view '2D, side by side or over and under'. Well it looks like my picture is already a good 3D one and so 2D (ie as is) is the best view - the other two options split the picture into the style specified. With a 2D selection I cannot then go on to select to play as a 3D movie and am told my setup is not 3D capable.
The TV manual appears to say that the set will detect a proper Blu-Ray disc and set itself up for 3D viewing which is what appears to be happening.
How do I get to watch my disc in 3D? TKIA

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: cannot play 3D disc
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: cannot play 3D disc
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
cannot play 3D disc

riley50,

The TV is 3D, but the HT system is not a 3D enabled Blu-Ray player. Not all Blu-Ray players are 3D Blu-Ray players.

So like any other non-3D device, it will send a 2D picture, and the television will have to do the 2D-to-3D conversion by doing that processing in the TV.

If you have a 3D Blu-Ray player or HT system, then the television would detect the 3D signal that it would send (as a 3D signal) and then automatically set itself up for 3D viewing.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
cannot play 3D disc

Hi - oh dear - it never crossed my mind that this year's model soundbar/blu-ray player would not play 3D discs but would require a second blu-ray player!
Thanks anyway

CNET Forums

Forum Info