PC Applications forum

General discussion

cannot download vista sp help

ok i have been trying a few things to try to get the sp download for vista . i have vista home premium 64 bit , sheild deluxe 2008 anti virus . what i have done is close down all firewall all antivirus , everything i could think of , but with no luck . does any one ever have this problem or know how to fix it ? thank you all for the help

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: cannot download vista sp help
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: cannot download vista sp help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Don't force this.

In reply to: cannot download vista sp help

If Windows Update doesn't offer it, don't force it. The reasons are too many for me to list here but it's not offered when it might tank the machine.
Bob

Collapse -
hey

In reply to: Don't force this.

sorry i think i said this whole thing wrong . it does say there is an update but cannot download and install. i did shut off everything to try downloading . again sorry about that

Collapse -
Sorry.

In reply to: hey

That is not the message I usually see in the error message. You appear to have rewritten it. But here's what to do next. Uninstall Zone Alarm then try again. If it fails type just the error message at google.com and here.
Bob

Collapse -
ok but

In reply to: Sorry.

i do not have zone alarm . would you might be talking about the sercurity sheild deluxe i have ?

Collapse -
Typos, etc.

In reply to: ok but

Sorry but with the continued typos I can never be sure about what you have. Instead of clicking the "Submit post" button click the "Preview post" so you can fix your posts before they show up.

Collapse -
ok

In reply to: Typos, etc.

sorry about where i was putting commas and such . i will go someplace else and ask if you want me too . all i said was i do not have zone alarm and that was it . bye bye .

Collapse -
Bye.

In reply to: ok

What helps are posts without the typographic errors. Also the "error message" in quotes. If you can keep trying then I will too.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.