Question

Cannot downlaod Avast AV

I,m keen to try the Avast AV(free version at first) but my broadband is too slow (no dont laugh) to complete to download before it times out.
Is there any other place I can download from, other than clnet, that is less time restricted?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Cannot downlaod Avast AV
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Cannot downlaod Avast AV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Re: Avast

I'd find a friend who has a faster broadband and download the installer there. Then copy to your USB stick and run from there on your machine.

But I've never seen a download time out. How big is the file (in MB), how far does it come (how many MB) in how many hours? What browser are you using? What is the exact error message?

Kees

- Collapse -
Cannot download Avast AV

The file is 89MB and I get about 30% in about 10 -15mins before it cuts off. I get the message "Internet Explorer cannot download...file nane...The operation timed out"
I have downloaded much bigger files recently without any timeout.
I'm useing IE and Wins XP Pro on a desktop. Have tried it with my laptop running Win 7 and got similar thing but that one just stops without the warning message.

- Collapse -
Seems like a server or connection issue.

Try again? Or try elsewhere.

Kees

- Collapse -
Cannot download Avast AV

Err yes... that was must original question...so we're back top square one!

- Collapse -
Re: elsewhere

I meant: download at work, school, friend, family, not at home. That's elsewhere. Then, when it's safely on your USB-stick you can install from there.

I didn't mean: download FROM elsewhere. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Kees

CNET Forums