Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Cannot copy text with graphics to the clipboard

by Robert Flagg / July 26, 2009 10:15 AM PDT

Windows XP Sp 2 Home Edition. A one or two screen subject with a printer friendly view I select ALL and it copies only the text to the clipboard. The graphics are indicated with message "Image not available".

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Cannot copy text with graphics to the clipboard
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Cannot copy text with graphics to the clipboard
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
That sounds right to me.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / July 26, 2009 8:52 PM PDT

If you are just using "Select all" from the Edit menu in the browser and copy, this will probably will not copy images.

The choices are, copy the text and "Save as" each image separately, or goto File, "Save web page as", (or similar, depending which browser).

Mark

Collapse -
Copy text and graphics to clipboard
by Robert Flagg / July 27, 2009 1:46 AM PDT

Thanks Mark but no gold ring. Using IE8. Using File>Save As it copies the graphics and text to clipboard but it also copies all the tool bars even though they do not show on the screen when copying.

Collapse -
That is not -Select all-
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / July 27, 2009 6:01 AM PDT

And that is not what you were describing in your first post.

I've just tried this in IE8, copying the XP forum Post listing.

I went to File > Save as, and saved the whole web page as a .mht file, (default).

When I clicked, (double clicked) on this file, IE8 opened to the full web page, all graphics, all text, fully working. Interestingly, it opened in IE8 even though my default browser is Firefox. I assume the .mht file is associated with IE8.

So, that all works for me. What fails for you?

Note, I see nothing copied to the clipboard in this process.

Mark

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!