Assuming you're using Microsoft Office, then it's safe to disable the "Machine Debug Manager (mdm.exe)" service. Follow the procedures in the link below:
On the other hand, if you haven't tried already, since this could be a malware issue, try restarting into Safe Mode, then run Malwarebytes using the instructions below:
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here
(If you can't access the internet and download the file above, then use a friend or family member's computer to download the file, then copy the files to a flash drive or CD and transfer the file to your computer while in Safe Mode and install it. You might also want to download the manual updates to Malwarebytes from http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam/database/mbam-rules.exe which will immediately open a download dialogue window for the updates.)
Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
* Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
* The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
* The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediately
Hope this helps.
This may be a tricky one. I'm working on a Dell D630 laptop with Windows XP and I cannot get the mouse pointer to get to the next screen or close out of the window when running an application.
The blue line at the top will fade out and then come back to blue if I repeatedly click on it and then I can proceed. Otherwise it's a matter of continually clicking on the bar to bring the blue back in order to proceed. I went into processes and terminated MDM.EXE which then stopped the problem until I restarted the pc and then it came right back. I also went into Start up and unchecked alot of unnecessary start up applications. That didn't help though.
I have run Avast, it found one virus, ran Adware, it found nothing, and ran Spybot which found four registry issues. But every time I reboot, this problem happens. Customer said it all began when he opened an attachment from email.
My boss says to just reimage the laptop. I am but this issue puzzles me and I would really like to figure out why it continues to happen.
What type of virus causes this?
Has anyone heard of this happening before? Also, has anyone ever ran bulletproofsoft and has that ever worked better than Adware or spybot?