Not that this is the issue,but I noticed that the latest version of Firefox is not installed.
This does seem odd.You seemed too have checked every possible angle.I remember one time I was unable too get to one particular site and it was caused by spybot not allowing it.
I am having an odd problem with a computer that I built and installed for my dad. He can get browse the web fine in most cases, but he cannot go to www.yahoo.com. It seems that he can go to most other sites. Here are the pertinent bits of info that I can think of:
Windows XP Home Edition
Connecting through a DSL router
Norton AntiVirus 2006
Windows Firewall is off
- Go to www.yahoo.com, using IE7. It says ?Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.?
- Go to www.yahoo.com, using Firefox 1.5. It says ?The connection has timed out?
- Go to my.yahoo.com, mail.yahoo.com, calendar.yahoo.com using any browser and it works ok.
- Go to any other site and these other sites can be viewed without a problem.
- Other computers connected to that same DSL router work ok.
- Tried accessing www.yahoo.com through an anonymous proxy site. Works fine.
- Tried taking the computer to another network in a different location. No change.
- Tried clearing temporary Internet files, cookies, history, and form data. No change.
- Tried adding www.yahoo.com to Trusted sites. No change
- Tried clearing SSL state. No change.
- Disabled Norton AntiVirus. No change.
- Scanned using Adaware and quarantined the adware found. No change.
- Tried flushing the DNS by typing ?ipconfig /flushdns? at a command prompt. No change.
- Able to ping www.yahoo.com without a problem.
- Trying to load the 188.8.131.52 webpage does not work any better than going to www.yahoo.com.
- Checked the ?hosts? file and did not find www.yahoo.com listed
- Used REGEDIT to go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SYSTEM\ CurrentControlSet\ Services\ Tcpip\ Parameters\ Interfaces and add an MTU value of 1454. No change.
Are there any other places I can look that would keep the computer from accessing this site?