General discussion

Cannot access network location :.

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER"> This is what has happened so far, I wanted the Java console had some problems seeing the icon in tray which is how you get to the console. So then I resintalled it, oh wait i got this error: Cannot access network location :. Now I have been trying every single forum, registry cleaner and method. I have deleted all my Java folders and all the Java keys and everything that has the name Java on it. But I still get that error every-time I install the offline installer and the online installer for Java. I have tried everything so this post is a last ditch effort before restarting the OS. I have been trying to tackle this problem for days, So can someone please help me. Thank you so much if you can.<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">Dkt
<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Cannot access network location :.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Cannot access network location :.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Note

Note this is the Error 1606 I also have tried the offline installer.

- Collapse -
You didn't say whether or not you tried deleting

the various Java installations from the control panel's "add/remove". If you did not and just deleted folders and used registry cleaners, you may have a bigger mess on your hands. These are also plugins associated with browsers and such and will have files scattered in the user folders. Good luck but you might need to plan for the worst.

- Collapse -
Have you read this recent 1606 discussion? Link only.
- Collapse -
Reply to all

The only problem with my error is that it does not say that the error is located in the AppData it just gives me :. So I am assuming that the issue is somewhere else however I can't be sure. I uninstalled the Java programs through the Control panel, I got the 1606 error when I tried to install it so I deleted all the folders to make sure that wasn't causing the issue.

CNET Forums