Computer Help forum

General discussion

Cannot access my websites

by Widebertha / March 5, 2005 1:58 AM PST

I have not been able to access my websites at Cnet for about five days now. I have emailed support but have received no answer. One of the sites is a minor hockey site and I need to post tournament information. Please help. These accounts are paid for and I need to be able to access them ASAP.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Cannot access my websites
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Cannot access my websites
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I'm having the same problem
by juliallane / March 11, 2005 8:58 AM PST

I also have not been able to access my websites and get no reply to my queries to customer service. I can't find a phone number to call a human and I'm not sure that anyone is even getting my email requests for help. Is a human who can help reading these messages?

Collapse -
Same Here
by wildstuff / March 11, 2005 11:59 AM PST

I haven't been able to for 2 weeks and I have 6 sites hosted at Cnet. They told me to use my old password. That logs me in but when I go to the sitebuilder page it wants me to sign up again. I still can't edit my sites. I'm so frustrated.

Collapse -
Unable to Log in to Site Builder to edit website
by 20616401400100006525270900227728-Memory Chasers / March 17, 2005 6:23 AM PST
In reply to: Same Here

I have been trying to get a response from someone about this problem for 2 weeks now. I encountered the same problem over a month ago and someone called me and got me back online and to the editing pages. This time NO ONE has contacted me either by email or phone. If a real person monitors this site please please get me in to edit the Memory Chasers Car Club Webpages.
The problem is some sort of circle that takes you from log in page to another log in page and then back to another log in page. ALL VERY FRUSTRATING

Collapse -
im having the same problem
by euyoque / March 25, 2005 5:33 AM PST

I haven't been able to access in over a month. I've emailed and have received no response. I found a phone number: Cnet Networks Inc.
235 2nd St
San Francisco, CA 94105
(415) 344-2000

I called but was told they were on mountain standard time. hope if we all start calling maybe something will be done

Collapse -
we need to get together
by verycrossinnewzealand / March 31, 2005 11:48 AM PST

i am also unable to get online and have spent several hours and $$$ to retrieve passwords etc.
my email is connhumphrey@slingshot.co.nz
i'd be happy to discuss this with anyone as CNET dont seem to be interested
Andy

Collapse -
Same Problem!
by mkessel / May 11, 2005 10:59 PM PDT

I don't know whats changed in the past few months - but I have my website on zdnet's sitebuilder - but I can no longer find the link to get in and make alterations. You don't make it very easy to find and all the links keep on rerouting me to membership offers I have no interest in. I JUST WANT TO UPDATE MY SITE!

Collapse -
Breach of contract
by hwviper / March 29, 2005 5:57 AM PST

We all need to get together as a group and consider legal action. This inability to access our web pages impacts personal lives as well as businesses who depend on their web presence to generate their livelihoods. The lack of response to the problem in combination with the time it is taking to fix whatever problems they may be having is unacceptable. I tried the 1-800 on my credit card statement and it is no longer a working number. I tried cancelling my account online and I received an error message that says,"Could not process your request. Please contact support." And we all know that there is no response from customer support.

Collapse -
I agree with you
by Memory Chasers / April 2, 2005 4:37 AM PST
In reply to: Breach of contract

I have been contacted by support via email a couple of times with assurances that this problem will be fixed in a short time.
So Far it has been over a month! I have been patient but am getting extremely frustrated with the fact that there is no way to get to talk to a real person and find out what is the matter here.
We are loosing sponsors and have become part of the rumor mill that we, the Memory Chasers Car Club, no longer exist because our website has not been updated.
I donate my time and computer for our car club because we do a good job raising monies for local charities, but this problem has caused us many more problems.
I will give this group a couple more days as I see there is a NEW posting with an offer to help us out of this "INCONVENIENCE", If nothing happens then I guess it is on to my state's Attorney General for help.

Do you think that ZDnet/CNET want us to switch to the Interland hosting site that pops up while we are on the merry go round of visiting login page after login page?
My club will not go for the increased pricing of the interland site as we raise money for charity. We have been very pleased with ZDnet sitebuilder up until this happened.

Collapse -
Same Problem
by wildstuff / April 4, 2005 7:47 AM PDT
In reply to: I agree with you

At least they are returning your emails. I have not been able to access my sites for more than a month and I have 6 of them. They wont return my emails and my sites need to be updated bad. I am so frustrated.

Collapse -
I could not agree more
by digitalneal / April 6, 2005 7:27 AM PDT

I am EXTREMELY angry with CNET about this log-in problem. I've been dealing with it for more than a month -- and have gotten ZERO Z E R O tech support - not any kind of response. If there is some kind of user group forming to protest and/or file suit, count me in. I have seven Web sites that I can not access, and I am pissed about it!

Collapse -
Re: Breach of contract
by yaronsh / April 26, 2005 8:03 AM PDT

Unfortunately, it's not a breach of contract - read the Disclaimers section in the terms of use. But you'd think it would just make good business sense to compensate us for putting up with this.

I joined for the BizTech library only. In the time I've been a member, it has not worked even once - so, I've never gotten any use of my membership.

And telling us to send a message through the support link is a joke, except it's sad rather than funny.

- Yaron

Collapse -
To all who are having issues with the web hosting service
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / April 1, 2005 4:38 AM PST

CNET Advantage is addressing the registration problems with Sitebuilder and apologizes for the inconvenience caused. Most of the problems should be resolved at this point. Please contact CNET by filling out this form below if you are continuing to have problems accessing your site.

http://cma.zdnet.com/texis/cnetadv/contact.html

Our support team will be in contact with you shortly.

We apologize again for this inconvenience.

Best regards,
-Lee Koo
CNET Community

Collapse -
Sitebuilder, ZDNet and......
by mp3artists / April 7, 2005 2:31 PM PDT

cking the Online Books Library in CNET Advantage:

The many books I had on "My Bookshelf" are gone .

It is clear that all data in my CNET Advantage account has been wiped out.

still that does not explain why my Sitebuilder page contains no links of any kind

and my ZDNet Library contains no record of my CNET Advantage membership,

Apologies are all well and good but I believe
I am owed some kind of credit or refund here.

CNET's recent analysis and system redesign has completely screwed up passwords and logins for a number of people to a number of services and it's been
over a month with no improvement.

CNET Advantage was a great service with the webhosting
and research capabilities.

I have no problem logging into CNET Advantage or any CNET site.

Sitebuilder and ZDNet do not work when logged into them. No links in Sitebuilder, No full articles in ZDNet.

The irony of it is, I have been heavily promoting music.download.com on my MP3Artists radio show (prerecorded), which starts airing this Friday, and now I can't get into my mp3artists site to update it for the listeners.

What happenned and why isn't it fixed ?

Are we going to be credited for this non functional period ?

not to mention ALL THE DATA THAT HAS BEEN LOST !

This is not right.

Sad

Collapse -
I apologize, but I don't have an explanation to the issues.
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / April 13, 2005 6:57 AM PDT

with Advantage...I'm only a messenger to let you know how to get in contact with support. I do not run the Advantage site or do I have any ideas what the situation is about the issues they are having, except that they are doing their best to get issues resolved with individual accounts.

If you already are in contact support I'd ask them about a credit for the down time.

I'll do my best to let you know what I find out, but your best route is to use the support form, so that their support team can be in contact with you.

Regards,
-Lee

Collapse -
Lee Thanks but.....
by ktheaker / April 23, 2005 3:08 AM PDT

Lee thanks for the info but support does not answer our emails. I have been paying for cnet advantage membership and cannot and never have been able to access quick site builder or the online books. If you hear anything please let us know.
Thankyou
Ktheaker

Collapse -
You know, that's not really an answer...
by hmaccorkle / May 12, 2005 11:39 PM PDT

I too have not been able to access the online books and I too have not been graced with a response to my queries. Are they all on vacation? Can anyone help us?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.