General discussion

cannon powershot sd200 or s410?

guys, I'm sort of a newb with the whole digital camera thing lol. but which do u think is more worth it: the sd200 for $235 shipped or the s410 for for $247 shipped...thanx in advance!!!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: cannon powershot sd200 or s410?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: cannon powershot sd200 or s410?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Sd200 or S410

If you are looking for the best photo results, go for the S410.

When looking at sample photos of the same subject, the S410 produces sharper and more detailed photos.

- Collapse -
aightttt

ok thanx bro

- Collapse -
go for style

If you're choosing between these two models, you probably want a small, stylish camera. The SD200 is much smaller (19% thinner) and more stylish.

If most of your photos are going to stay on your computer or be emailed, 3.2MP is more than you need. Even if you print a lot of photos, if you're just taking amateur snapshots, you probably won't even notice the difference between 3.2MP and 4.0MP.

If style and size are big factors for you, don't worry about the extra 0.8MP. I'd recommend going into a local electronics shop and comparing them side by side. Also, I have the S410 and the little wheel on the back ALWAYS gets switched accidentally.

CNET Forums

Forum Info