Question

Candle Wax on LCD Screen

Apr 25, 2017 11:49AM PDT

Hi

I need some help badly. I had a candle pretty close to my tv screen and when blowing the candle out (too forcefully!!) some small amount of wax has landed on the screen and is being a nightmare to remove.
Anyone able to help me with this issue?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Candle Wax on LCD Screen
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Candle Wax on LCD Screen
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Not much has changed on this issue.
Apr 25, 2017 11:58AM PDT

Post was last edited on April 25, 2017 12:01 PM PDT

- Collapse -
Answer
Candle Wax on LCD Screen
Apr 27, 2017 4:53AM PDT

I think that you should call to Customer Care or technical support team.

- Collapse -
Answer
Hair dryer, alcohol, and cleaner
Dec 9, 2017 9:58AM PST

Turn your hair dryer on the lowest setting (other than cool) and aim at the screen from a distance & turn the TV on to warm it up, or put it in the sunlight, then try to carefully wipe the bulk of the wax away (or VERY carefully scratch with your nail), then get some alcohol or alcohol hand sanitizer gel on a cloth to remove the rest, then finish off with screen cleaner.

CNET Forums

Forum Info