Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Candidate for Darwin Awards ---> Exploding lava lamp

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Candidate for Darwin Awards ---> Exploding lava lamp
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Candidate for Darwin Awards ---> Exploding lava lamp
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Candidate for Darwin Awards ---> Exploding lava lamp

In reply to: Candidate for Darwin Awards ---> Exploding lava lamp

Guess I'll scratch that off my Christmas gift list. Devil

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: Candidate for Darwin Awards ---> Exploding lava lamp

Guess I'll scratch that off my Christmas gift list.

Why so? They're perfectly safe as long as you don't try to cook them Happy

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I knew the 60s were dangerous, but this is ridiculous.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) He'd have been better of WITH drugs and alcohol!

Collapse -
I did almost as silly stuff when

I was rather young. Sawed a golf ball in half with a hacksaw when I was 15. Got through the shell, what seemed to be rubber, then hit the core, which turned out to contain some kind of gas under pressure - which got me right in my right eye as I was quite close to the ball. Scared the crap out of me, but luckily no permanent damage.

I used to love "Lego" blocks too, and later, when I "discovered" the joy of fire, and Dad's Ronsonol, would melt those worn-out 'bricks'. I still have a scar on one of my fingers from an ill-advised "experiment". Caught hell from Dad and learned my lesson before I became a really dangerous nine year-old. But I still like fire, fascinating stuff.

Rick "scarfinger" Jones

Collapse -

Just as bad as this guy who heated spray paint cans. He was trying to spray with the cans, but being so cold where he was using them, caused inproper spraying, heating the cans abit resolved that. However, repeated attempts finallt found the weak link or can as it were and can exploded and caused an immediate fire, plus ruining the just applied paint job.
Happy -----Willy

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.