Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Canadian sex killer goes free today

Canadian Sex Killer to Go Free

(link is dated a couple of days ago, FNC reported just now that she has been set free)

Karla Homolka, reviled as one of Canada's most infamous criminals, could walk free as early as today.

Homolka, now 35, has finished a 12-year sentence for her role in the sexual assaults and slayings of two pubescent girls in the early 1990s and is set to be released between June 30 and July 5. Under the plea bargain, Homolka was not charged in the death of her sister, 15-year-old Tammy, who died in 1990 after choking on her own vomit when she was drugged and raped by Homolka and her husband.

Many in Canada believed she deserved to spend the rest of her life behind bars, but in a rush to get her to testify, the Canadian justice system agreed to the plea deal and reduced her sentence. ...

From discussion on TV, reports are that she has hardened in attitude vs. rehabilitated in any manner. I hope she screws up in some manner not hurting anyone that causes her to again be behind bars. Sadly, I think she'll probably harm again Sad

Evie Happy
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Canadian sex killer goes free today
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Canadian sex killer goes free today
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
well if i was the parent of one of who she killed

In reply to: Canadian sex killer goes free today

id meet her in person to help her take a dirt nap

Collapse -
I hope she's not able top get across the border into the US.

The Canadians let her go. They should keep her within their borders.

Collapse -
No chance. There are so many restrictions on her

In reply to: I hope she's not able top get across the border into the US.

that she'll probably violate the conditions of her parole before long. And as bad as she is, she probably wouldn't have dome anything if she hadn't hooked up with multiple rapist and ultimately murderer, Paul Bernardo, who will never get out. The rapes were committed in Toronto before he met her.

I'm sure you could find an American parallel or 50 if you tried Evie. Offenders who plea bargained their sentences down in return for giving testimony. It happens all the time on Law and Order (;-))

Rob

Collapse -
true thats why theres hope

In reply to: No chance. There are so many restrictions on her

that new laws will be made that thes sub humans get automatic dirt naps
or life with no release/parole.

and rob it dosnt matter why she did what she did she should die along with all the other baby molesters/killers

Collapse -
Even if only for this reason ...

In reply to: true thats why theres hope

... it is reason enough to never do away with the death penalty. In the end, even most of these sickos don't want to die themselves. So you offer them life w/o parole in exchange for their confessions. In enough cases we've seen that cases that would never be solved are -- at least giving the families of victims closure -- and have saved the taxpayers millions in trial costs and death penalty appeals. There is the incarceration cost, but I think in most cases we still come out ahead.

Evie Happy

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) and in stir child killers have a short life time

In reply to: Even if only for this reason ...

Collapse -
I'm not saying letting criminals go ...

In reply to: No chance. There are so many restrictions on her

... on lesser charges is unique to Canada. We've had our fair share in the news here that most have only become aware of after killing again Cry (and it looks like we can add another -- although not killer until now -- to the list in the Groene case X-()

Sorry, but I don't buy that she wouldn't have done anything without hooking up with this monster. You have to have some monster in yourself to do this -- and her own sister Sad

Collapse -
I think laws everywhere should be to make

sentences for such things, life in prison or worse. Who knows how many crimes such a person has actually committed? They were probably convicted from only a fraction of the ones they committed. Even if they committed only one such crime, they would almost undoubtedly commit more.

Collapse -
her interview

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.