Your post got me headed in the right direction even thought the linked didn't work anymore. Thank you.
Here's how I found drivers to work the WIS09ABGN2
1. go to www.abocom.com.tw
2. click Support/download
3. Search under Drivers
4. enter keyword WU
5. click Go
6. I found the most recently added drivers which were for the WU5205(uploaded 2009/11/05)
7. click on the disk icon to initiate download
8. save the .exe file to your computer
9. unplug the WIS09ABGN2 from your computer and run the .exe file
(it was called "20100422104144557795WU5205-Generic.exe")
10. I chose the Intelligent Wireless option and NOT MS Zero(good advice from the thread originator).
11. Restart Windows
12. Plug in your WIS09ABGN2 and run the Intelligent Wireless LAN utility to connect to your wireless network!
13.Helpfulness, pass it on.
Of course these steps are subject to change and improvement. If you've got something HELPFUL to contribute, please do.
For all those of you that have the wonderful LCD from Samsung, and my have bought or received the USB Lan this Christmas, and ya really dont see the use for it or dont want to toss it. You can use it without the TV. I got it working on my laptop, and not a bad product i might say.
Abocom in Taiwan makes this thing and I downloaded the driver set for their product WUG2700 Ver 18.104.22.168 Driver for WinXp. Their website is below.
Step 1: (Dont put the lipstik in PC) Install the drivers, first.
Step 2: Reboot
Step 3: Put pen in (mine got hung up during install, but after rebooting for 3rd time, it was fine)
Step 4: Use its software to connect to network, MS Zero thing is worthless)