Samsung forum

General discussion

Can you use Samsung WIS08BG2X LinkStick LAN Adapter on PC?

by solo1zone / December 29, 2008 12:21 PM PST

For all those of you that have the wonderful LCD from Samsung, and my have bought or received the USB Lan this Christmas, and ya really dont see the use for it or dont want to toss it. You can use it without the TV. I got it working on my laptop, and not a bad product i might say.

Abocom in Taiwan makes this thing and I downloaded the driver set for their product WUG2700 Ver 1.3.0.0 Driver for WinXp. Their website is below.

Step 1: (Dont put the lipstik in PC) Install the drivers, first.
Step 2: Reboot
Step 3: Put pen in (mine got hung up during install, but after rebooting for 3rd time, it was fine)
Step 4: Use its software to connect to network, MS Zero thing is worthless)

http://www.abocom.com.tw/download_show.php?pid=WUG2700&type=USB&id=13&name=802.11b/g%20Wireless%20LAN%20USB%202.0%20Adapter

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Can you use Samsung WIS08BG2X LinkStick LAN Adapter on PC?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Can you use Samsung WIS08BG2X LinkStick LAN Adapter on PC?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
"Samsung" WIS09ABGN2 drivers for windows
by biochempaul2 / August 5, 2010 10:36 AM PDT

Your post got me headed in the right direction even thought the linked didn't work anymore. Thank you.
Here's how I found drivers to work the WIS09ABGN2
1. go to www.abocom.com.tw
2. click Support/download
3. Search under Drivers
4. enter keyword WU
5. click Go
6. I found the most recently added drivers which were for the WU5205(uploaded 2009/11/05)
7. click on the disk icon to initiate download
8. save the .exe file to your computer
9. unplug the WIS09ABGN2 from your computer and run the .exe file
(it was called "20100422104144557795WU5205-Generic.exe")
10. I chose the Intelligent Wireless option and NOT MS Zero(good advice from the thread originator).
11. Restart Windows
12. Plug in your WIS09ABGN2 and run the Intelligent Wireless LAN utility to connect to your wireless network!
13.Helpfulness, pass it on.

Of course these steps are subject to change and improvement. If you've got something HELPFUL to contribute, please do.

Collapse -
wis09abgn2
by jnenas85 / December 19, 2010 1:21 PM PST

do you know if you can use the wireless lan usb in another tv that is ot samsung after you do that ? or is it just to use as a wireless adapter for pc.

Collapse -
"Samsung" WIS09ABGN2 drivers for windows problems
by johnfca / February 7, 2011 12:01 AM PST

Driver was installed on my Win 7 computer. Everything worked fine until the computer went to sleep mode. Then USB is not recognized until I remove and replug the device. Is there any solution to this problem??

Collapse -
Odd thing here.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 7, 2011 12:55 AM PST

I looked at the link sticks this weekend and didn't find Windows or PC use mentioned on the package. Are you using this product somewhere else than where it was intended?

Collapse -
USB came along with the Samsung Blueray player BD-P3600
by johnfca / February 7, 2011 3:32 AM PST
In reply to: Odd thing here.

Hi, This came along with the Blueray player BD-P3600. Since I connected it with LAN, I am using this Wireless USB adapter on my PC. It works perfectly every time if I remove and replug tp USB hub of the PC (Windows 7).

Collapse -
Which is why I asked.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 7, 2011 3:51 AM PST

I looked at the product this weekend and it did not have any mention of use like that.

Maybe you are lucky to see this do this much?
Bob

Collapse -
Thanks
by johnfca / February 7, 2011 11:56 AM PST
In reply to: Which is why I asked.

Thanks a lot. USB was not doing great when connected to the Blue Ray player and that is why I connected it with LAN and USB was lying idle.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?