General discussion

Can you use Nvidia 3D Vision with the Samsung UN55D7000?

I just bought a new Samsung UN55D7000 Series Smart TV but I'm having problems getting the 3D Vision Emitter to light up at all.

The only time it lights up is if I use a DVI to Analog converter and plug into the VGA port on the back of the TV. There is no DVI port.

Using the VGA port the Emitter turns on, but does not work right.

I have an Nvidia Geforce 580 Card and have also tried going from HDMI to HDMI and that doesn't work either. The card had 2 DVI ports and 1 HDMI on it.

If I need to buy the Samsung 3D Glasses then I will, I haven't yet though.

I also noticed my PC picks up the TV as just a general Plug and Play monitor is that correct? Or should I be using a different driver?

Thanks for any help.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Can you use Nvidia 3D Vision with the Samsung UN55D7000?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Can you use Nvidia 3D Vision with the Samsung UN55D7000?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
You may want to elaborate on "does not work right"

I see these things and find nearly no support out there. It works? Fine. It doesn't work? Try to get support.

I think the best avenue is to return the product for a full refund. It's defective and they didn't offer support.
Bob

- Collapse -
Can you use Nvidia 3D Vision with the Samsung UN55D7000?

mscalapa,

- Collapse -
nVidia 3D Vision

I don't know if the 3D works using the nVidia kit. I have an nVidia 3D vision kit connected to a Samsung SyncMaster 2233 monitor and it works well. I think that the PC has to pick up the TV as a monitor. In the nVidia Control Panel check the refresh rate of the TV (it has to be 120Hz for the nVidia 3D Vision). I am sure that this doesn't work with the VGA cable; I don't know with HDMI.

In any case, to use the nVidia kit you need the nVidia glasses not the TV ones.

You can make a question to the nVidia 3D Vision support center nvidia@mailca.custhelp.com. <span id="INSERTION_MARKER">

regards.

CNET Forums