Phones forum

General discussion

can u help me decide...

by Koji88 / May 12, 2006 6:45 PM PDT

ehhh my verizon wireless plan is now eligable for an update to my cell phone...and i wanted to get a cool good phone...i was thinking about either the razr or the LGVX9800......the razr sounds really good right now especially because i can get it for free...but the LG has sooo many features

also...does anyone have any idea of maybe when verizon will get newer phones? I was figuring it might be soon because i havent reall seen a new phone since about december.....but i dont know

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: can u help me decide...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: can u help me decide...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Thinking the same thing.
by johnnyjcan / May 13, 2006 9:16 AM PDT

I completley agree with you. It has been way too long since Verizon has came out with a new phone. I've been looking on all the boards but can't seem to find any info on the next phone. I've heard of the next Razr that will have possible music on it but I don't think Verizon will have it. I personally think I am going to get the Razr since after resigning another 2 years you get $100 towards the phone. Free sounds nice!

Collapse -
Re:
by Psych Doc / July 27, 2006 9:51 PM PDT

*** I've heard of the next Razr that will have possible music on it but I don't think Verizon will have it.***

They already do. It's the V3m. It is an mp3 player with a slot for removable memory under the battery cover.

Battery time is much improved over the V3c as well.

Collapse -
The lg vx98000
by oldtimer49 / May 13, 2006 11:16 PM PDT

You should go with the lg vx98000. NOt the razr.

Collapse -
Good Deal
by garyromo99 / July 27, 2006 8:30 PM PDT
In reply to: The lg vx98000

i found a good deal on lg vx9800 unless you are willing to do the mail rebate. if you are interested,let me know.

Collapse -
I was looking at RAZR too untill...
by Xboxfan360 / July 28, 2006 2:19 AM PDT

Im in almost the same situation as you. My contract is up with cingular and im going to verizon. I was looking at the RAZR and Lg VX8300. ( i dont really want or need a full keyboard like the one on the one you were showing.) The razr looked nice untill i read the reviews. Many people were unhappy with the features Verizon locked up on the phone. So unless you want the razr for its styling, i would suggest you get the LG.

PS: On the issue of new phones. Motorola just annouced new razrs that are expect to be released this fall. 1 of them ( the one that runs on CDMA) is rumored to go to Verizon. Pictures have also been leaked online showing Verizons VCAST running on one. So unfortunately for me as well they are coming out too late for me to wait.

Eric

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.